Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-z up center stand

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 06:33 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by BBStacker
Maybe you should have requested an exchange. I drag boards on the twisties on my EGC. With the design and the way it is mounted unless your boards collapse and fly off you can't drag them. Just on personal note I wouldn't be able to know if it smacked the frame or not without seeing it and I damn sure couldn't hear it over my pipes.
I have to say that I can verify the stand did smack the frame on my SG from time to time. With Monster Ovals I could hear it fine. No dragging, since I don't ride that aggressive. Stand did its job but it was always a pain in the butt to jack the bike up without rigging the jack pads. I have taken it off but on occasion I do miss it for fueling up and general maintenance.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:18 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by BBStacker
Maybe you should have requested an exchange. I drag boards on the twisties on my EGC. With the design and the way it is mounted unless your boards collapse and fly off you can't drag them. Just on personal note I wouldn't be able to know if it smacked the frame or not without seeing it and I damn sure couldn't hear it over my pipes.
Why would I want to exchange one unsafe product for another? You can go on about the design all you like, but on my bike it was the first thing to drag, well before the boards, the jiffy stand, or the pipe touched down. And then there was the racket from the thing smacking the frame over every bump.

Glad you like yours, but I think the EZ-Up's an unsafe, poorly engineered piece of garbage.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:25 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

this surprises me, I raced professionally until my early 30's(in 50's now) and believe me I am a aggressive rider, I went out in the twistys and rode hard , scraped the floorboards and pipe bracket, never the center stand, as far as clearance underneath , it barely hangs lower than my frame, maybe 1/4" so I don't see how I could bottom it there unless I went over a speed bump real fast
Originally Posted by '05Train
Why would I want to exchange one unsafe product for another? You can go on about the design all you like, but on my bike it was the first thing to drag, well before the boards, the jiffy stand, or the pipe touched down. And then there was the racket from the thing smacking the frame over every bump.

Glad you like yours, but I think the EZ-Up's an unsafe, poorly engineered piece of garbage.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:26 PM
redharleymn
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes I wonder who really is writing these comments. I've had my center stand for 3 years and NEVER drag or scrape! And after 3 years it works and works and works!

Maybe that's why we're Harley riders and why the Lord made us ALL different.

PS - When I purchase my new 2011....guess what...the first thing I will do it install the EZ-Up Center Stand! Oh, well, that is my $.02

Old 03-29-2011, 10:00 PM
hdman
Road Captain

I like what the center stand does as far as what all has been mentioned. I rode a friends
bike [08 road glide] that had the EZ-up. I dont consider myself an agressive rider and I
scraped the center stand 4 or 5 times in a 20 mile ride. I was ready to buy one, but this
changed my mind. I rarely scrape my foot pads [EGC] and it scares me everytime, so I
guess a center stand is not for me..... even tho I like what they do otherwise.........hdman

Old 12-02-2011, 12:50 AM
Betlog
Banned

Do you give discount to forum member? I see its now $249.00 forum member get another 20% if thats right I will buy one.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:40 AM
redharleymn
Novice

The manufacturer doesn't give a forum discount any longer. You can get an additional 5% discount if you order from

www.moto-xpressdlr.com and enter HOL2011 in the discount coupon box at checkout.

Plus free shipping.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 307 Likes on 199 Posts

I had a Rivco center stand, raises the rear tire....can't use it sitting on the bike, but I liked it....would buy another....
Matter of fact, I need a center stand for my 2012 Street Glide...better get to looking....

Old 12-02-2011, 09:01 AM
DallasRider
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EZ-UP has been running a sale. Great time to get one. EZ to install and I love mine.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:56 AM
funnythebunny
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had one since last winter, when I bought it at a Bike Expo. I've had mixed feelings. To be precise, I got the one for a StreetGlide, which have lower stands; additionally I lowered my bike by 1" so I can reach the ground better in any road level or condition; that's where my problem lies, I have less ground clearance so it bottoms out when going over a bump and it's impossible to put it down when I'm sitting on it, as the stand hits the ground before I am able to roll it back. I have to be off the bike before I can put it on the center stand. Once it's on the center stand, the rear tire is about 1/2" off the ground, which is fine for servicing and cleaning, but not for taking off. I have to roll it forwards off the stand before I have rear wheel traction.

I'm the reason why I have mixed thoughts... my own demise!