Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-z up center stand

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:40 AM
bbach
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting thread here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...y-offered.html
I have no personal experience with the EZ-UP. I had a goldwing which comes with a center stand and find the HD jiffy stand a bit funny. I wouldn't mind adding a center stand to the Harley.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,745 Likes on 19,292 Posts

Originally Posted by bbach
Interesting thread here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...y-offered.html
I have no personal experience with the EZ-UP. I had a goldwing which comes with a center stand and find the HD jiffy stand a bit funny. I wouldn't mind adding a center stand to the Harley.
The link you provided showed a lack of judgement on the manufacturers decision to offer immediate satisfaction. After a bit of berating he stood up and took his licking like a man ( not that kind of licking ) acknowledged his error and resolved the problem. Case closed. This is a quality product that does exactly what it claims. BTW just in case anyone is curious I have no affiliation with the company. I'm just a firm believer in the product and am a very satisfied consumer. Just my .02 cents worth.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Yep ..... Loading the bike for a trip ( sits upright ).... cleaning the bike ( sits upright ) .... maintanance ( sits upright ) .... fueling to the top ( sits upright ) .... loading a passenger before you get on ( sits upright ) .... easier access to the l/s bag ( sits upright ) .... I love it cuz' ( sits upright ) .... Hey, the bike sits up ... Right!
Thanks, but as someone said I use my jack for doing those cleaning and maintenance items. When loading a passenger, my feet hold the bike upright, not a stand (not knocking you doing it that way, just saying I don't need a center stand to do it).

I'm sure once you have it, it is handy and you get used to it, just don't see any compelling reason to spend the money on one yet.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:58 AM
McGillea
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowhunter61
I'm sure once you have it, it is handy and you get used to it, just don't see any compelling reason to spend the money on one yet.
A short piece of 2X4 and a flat fix kit may come in handy if you tour where cell phones have no reception. The E-Z UP will be my first addition to my bike before I head out this summer.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:23 PM
jeff137
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got mine due to limited garage space. I've found it useful also when parking with a lot of other bikes. You know how crowded it can get and leaning your bike over getting oh so close to someone else's ride can be a bit uneasy. Well, with the center stand it sits straight up and you don't have to worry.

Someone in an older thread recommended using it when pumping gas and they're right, it helps you get a bit extra in there. Not much more, but a bit.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:53 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

To get up on the centerstand while on the bike, steady the bike with your right foot on the ground and push the centerstand lever to the ground with your left foot. Allow the centerstand feet to level the bike left to right keeping pressure down with your left foot. This is the odd feeling bit but the bike is solid with your left leg pressure. Then put your right on the footboard and force your weight down onto your left foot. The bike will shift backward and up onto the centerstand. Put it in gear so the bike doesn't shift forward and come off the stand. You don't want to use either brake during the process because the bike needs to shift backwards to get up on the stand.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Bushy
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

my personal problem is my legs {38"} inseam cause me to have to reach back pretty far thus causing me to lean over . used every now and then but when it is it works fine

Old 03-26-2011, 05:52 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

well after practice today everyone's help paid off, I can now do it sitting on the bike, in fact it is easier putting it on the center stand while on the bike once you figure it out THANKS to all who helped

Old 03-26-2011, 06:02 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I had the EZ-Up on my bike for a couple of weeks. It was awfully convenient for cleaning & maintenance, but it was awful for riding. Every bump in the road caused the stand to smack against the frame, and it dragged mercilessly through corners. If you don't ride hard, I'm sure it's a great stand. For me, it was downright unsafe the way it reduced my lean angle.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:28 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by '05Train
I had the EZ-Up on my bike for a couple of weeks. It was awfully convenient for cleaning & maintenance, but it was awful for riding. Every bump in the road caused the stand to smack against the frame, and it dragged mercilessly through corners. If you don't ride hard, I'm sure it's a great stand. For me, it was downright unsafe the way it reduced my lean angle.
Maybe you should have requested an exchange. I drag boards on the twisties on my EGC. With the design and the way it is mounted unless your boards collapse and fly off you can't drag them. Just on personal note I wouldn't be able to know if it smacked the frame or not without seeing it and I damn sure couldn't hear it over my pipes.

Quick Reply: E-z up center stand