Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-z up center stand

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 11:25 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have one, love it! Easier for me to do it on the bike. I put the side stand out 1st just in case.

Thanks again Rod.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:08 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

them are some great ideas, I'll practice a little to get it, THANKS everyone and Rod , I really love how much less room it takes up in the garage

Old 03-26-2011, 07:09 AM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
I really love how much less room it takes up in the garage
Is this the only reason to have one of these? I'm trying to figure out what other advantages there is to putting the bike up on a center stand other than the space it takes.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:18 AM
smurfsdad
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowhunter61
Is this the only reason to have one of these? I'm trying to figure out what other advantages there is to putting the bike up on a center stand other than the space it takes.
It's also easier to clean the exhaust system, etc on the left hand side while on the center stand. You can also put a piece of plywood under the center stand and rotate the rear wheel while cleaning.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:19 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,745 Likes on 19,292 Posts

Yep ..... Loading the bike for a trip ( sits upright ).... cleaning the bike ( sits upright ) .... maintanance ( sits upright ) .... fueling to the top ( sits upright ) .... loading a passenger before you get on ( sits upright ) .... easier access to the l/s bag ( sits upright ) .... I love it cuz' ( sits upright ) .... Hey, the bike sits up ... Right!

Old 03-26-2011, 07:30 AM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like an earlier post, I'm curious about the benefits of using a center stand. I don't find that I'm that short of garage space - 2-car garage and the bike gets half.
For some of the other activities listed, I just use my lift.

Does a center stand decrease ground clearance?

Anyway, not knocking anyone who uses one... just don't see the benefit of installing one. Naturally, YMMV.

Last edited by pargenz; 03-26-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Araba Shriner
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowhunter61
I had the HD center stand on my previous bike, and it was hard to raise the bike from the seat position. The EZ is a much better product IMO. Im a bit vertically challenged, its easier to put it on the stand while still on the bike.

Its very handy if you just want to sit on it, stretch out and relax, put your feet up & catch a nap...

Old 03-26-2011, 08:20 AM
PadreL
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the E-Z Up sometimes drag on corners? Does it make contact when, for example, going over a speed bump?

Old 03-26-2011, 08:29 AM
Araba Shriner
Road Master

I have not had a problem with it

Old 03-26-2011, 08:34 AM
lazyace13
Advanced
Default A bit of advice....

Originally Posted by tj316
My E-Z Up Stand arrived today, it took longer to unpack than to install, after watching the video I didn't even look at the instructions, it went on that easy, I don't have the technique for lifting it while on the bike yet, but once I get off the bike it goes right up, it is easy to drive off of, THANKS Rod I appreciate your help and fast shipping
Just remember that your left foot is on the stand lever and not on the ground. Make sure you "feel" both stand legs touching solid ground. If you are off balance a bit to the left and push down, the bike will start to lay over and you won't be able to catch it with your left leg. As always, don't ask me how I know. I love the E-Z Up Stand though!!!

Quick Reply: E-z up center stand