Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helpppp Alarm System on 01 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006 | 01:25 PM
Mikey_HD
|
2nd Gear
Default Helpppp Alarm System on 01 Ultra

Not sure how this has started. Probably when my batery crapped out and I replaced it. With the ignition off, the alarm does not arm or disarm with the FOB. I changed the battery in the FOB just to be sure it was OK. When I turn the ignition on the red key lights up on the gauge, then it goes out and the turn signals blink 6 times and the red key light comes back on waits a little than goes off. The bike starts and everything seems to be OK other than the FOBS don't work. I have tried the instructions for a new battery and to assign the key FOBS. That works OK as per the directions but the FOBS will not arm the system. I never get any blinking lights to let me know that the alarm has been set. As a side note, if I try to do the manual code by turning ignition to ACC with the run switch on off, by holding both signal buttons I never get a confirmation. Any clues or help????

Old 10-16-2006 | 03:19 PM
SeaHag
Road Master
Default RE: Helpppp Alarm System on 01 Ultra

I know that my fobs have gotten "out of sync" with the bike a few times. Since the fobs use a revolving code to make it harder for thiefs to disarm, they sometimes are putting out the wrong frequency for the bike if say the fob was depressed while in your pocket. To fix this you just press and hold the fob down until it arms the bike. The longest I think this has taken me was maybe one minute of continual pressing. The fob will keep sending a new frequency every few seconds until it hits upon the right match.

Old 10-16-2006 | 03:24 PM
Mikey_HD
|
2nd Gear

I'll give that a try, thanks.

Old 10-16-2006 | 03:32 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

You need to reset it all, the owners manual covers it.

Old 10-16-2006 | 07:08 PM
Mikey_HD
|
2nd Gear

Not sure what you mean by reset it all. I have done the new battery thing so many times, on-off-on-off-on left signal twice, get two flashes and that's as far as anything goes. Anyhting from there as far as sensitivity, transport mode, anything will require a fob button push and a wait for response. That never comes. The book is not very clear. Do you do that battery cycle twice, then start the sensitivity which requires a third cycle. Or do you consider the second battery cycle they describe as the end of step 2 and then go to step 3 for the fob after the second cycle. I'm an engineer and I don't get it. Maybe I'm making this too complex. Either way, it doesn't work, bottom line.\

[sm=dontgetit.gif]

After reconnecting the battery, the security system will not enter the configuration mode on the first attempt. Therefore, after all battery reconnects, the configuration sequence must be modified as follows...

1. Set run switch to OFF, cycle ignition key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON and press left turn signal switch TWICE.
Wait for one to three confirmation flashes of the turn signals and then set ignition switch to OFF.

2. Repeat steps listed above.

3. Continue with configuration sequence listed below.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_215863/tm.htm is what I am referencing.

Old 10-17-2006 | 01:51 PM
Mikey_HD
|
2nd Gear

No help yet?? Just trying to move the post to the front.

Old 10-17-2006 | 02:19 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

If using the procedures from the book doesnt work, then you most likly have to have it dealer serviced, sounds like your security module has gone bad.

Old 10-18-2006 | 11:00 AM
Mikey_HD
|
2nd Gear

I think you are right. I figured out I have error code 31. Alarm output low. I just haven't been able to figure out the exact meaning of that and what a new module might cost versus is it worth replacing.

Thanks