Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawg-Wired 6.5" ZX Speaker (New Product)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 02:23 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

This there will be a noticable difference going with their new 6.5 speakers? I like my double shot system. It is very clean. There just seems to be no bass. I don't expect a pounding speaker out of something that small.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:00 AM
neano62
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FFeric
This there will be a noticable difference going with their new 6.5 speakers? I like my double shot system. It is very clean. There just seems to be no bass. I don't expect a pounding speaker out of something that small.
imo,...I loved my dblsht. set up!
But w/a 6.5" speaker, you mite get that little bit of bass thats not there for ya. I went w/Titan-Hertz high energy 6.5". I bought them from Eastern Performance. They came w/adapter rings and I was satisfied. You will loose your x-overs tho when you hook up a 6.5" speaker, that is attached to your dblesht system,...I dont no if you can wire it up tho to your speaker wire that attaches to your speaker terminols?,... hmmm that thought just x'ed my mind.
I do no the new 6.5" speaker has the x-overs.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:27 AM
DAVETHEBUILDER
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do any of you have any idea when the adaptor rings (for the RG) and the new amp will be out.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:55 AM
neano62
Tourer

Originally Posted by DAVETHEBUILDER
Do any of you have any idea when the adaptor rings (for the RG) and the new amp will be out.
Adapter rings for the Fugly will b out after the new 2-channel 200 watt amp. X-act date?,... hopefully soon. I've been in touch w/Hawg-Wired for the past 2 months on these new items and they are taking there time for sum reason?
I did buy a set of 6.5" speakers tho,..and will c sumtime today if they fit w/the Biketronic adapter rings for the Roadglide!

Old 04-09-2011, 10:11 AM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

A custom system installer told me to put some polyfil in the batwing behind the speakers to trick the speakers into thinking they are in a larger enclosure and produce better bass. Anyone try this yet? If so, what were the results. Polyfil is cheap, may be worth a shot.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:01 AM
DAVETHEBUILDER
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neano62
Adapter rings for the Fugly will b out after the new 2-channel 200 watt amp. X-act date?,... hopefully soon. I've been in touch w/Hawg-Wired for the past 2 months on these new items and they are taking there time for sum reason?
I did buy a set of 6.5" speakers tho,..and will c sumtime today if they fit w/the Biketronic adapter rings for the Roadglide!
If the Biketronic rings work let me no Ive been looking at buying a Hawg wired system

Old 04-10-2011, 07:55 AM
MoChrome
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I already have a 4- channel HW amp / 5.25 fairing speakers and tweeter pod. Awesome set up by the way. I orderded two sets of the new HW 6.5" speakers which on the way and will be delivered to me Wednesday.

My plans are to replace the 5.25" faring speakers immediately and then later add the second set to my faring lowers once I get a set of CVO speaker boxes and have them painted.

I'll post a review once I install the new fairing speakers.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:33 AM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MoChrome
I already have a 4- channel HW amp / 5.25 fairing speakers and tweeter pod. Awesome set up by the way. I orderded two sets of the new HW 6.5" speakers which on the way and will be delivered to me Wednesday.

My plans are to replace the 5.25" faring speakers immediately and then later add the second set to my faring lowers once I get a set of CVO speaker boxes and have them painted.

I'll post a review once I install the new fairing speakers.
s your current HW amp 75 watts a chanel? I am anxious to hear what you think of the new 6.5 speakers

Old 04-10-2011, 09:54 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As of Friday Dragos Bike Works just got better pricing on the Hawg Wire Speakers 6.5 both kits.

I WILL NOT BE UNDER SOLD BY ANY ONE SELLING HAWG WIRE. NOBODY.

Last edited by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS; 04-11-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:14 AM
thecort
Road Captain

Is this system designed to work best with the OEM head unit (I said head & unit lmao!) or an aftermarket HU?

Quick Reply: Hawg-Wired 6.5" ZX Speaker (New Product)