Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Tail lamp for my Ultra.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 12:36 PM
jkelley
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjimbo
Wow......bring on the bashing......actually spent less than 800 for the LED's up front.....My choice for Led's up front was for ME to be able to see......

anyways........can you wire the BAL's to not "pulse", I really dont have a problem seeing the guys I ride with and none of them have the pulsing lights, I can't stand the looks of that on a car/truck, so really don't want to put them on my bike, guess I'll get bashed for that too?

The Walters workshop looks good, and they have bulbs to slip into the Tourpak as well....
Relax dude, just seemed ironic to some that with the big spend on the front the rear should be a no brainer. I love the BAL. Yup it was pricey but I also did the tour pack LED's from Ride Time and I love having the rear as bright as I can. I have the tour pack working as brake lights so I have the BAL blinking. Just all personal preference but you can sure see my back side. I too would like the harley LED and spots, but I am waiting for the price to drop a little on that one.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:23 PM
88racing
Road Captain

A BAL-1 would be a great upgrade for your ride....

Old 03-24-2011, 11:38 PM
mrjimbo
Tourer

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
.......Another alternative is to buy the Ridetimetechnology LED replacement panels for the tour pak lights.
Pingman, Now the sweeping turn signals I like................

Old 03-25-2011, 02:53 AM
jpglide
Cruiser

+1 on the BAL. I'm happy I got mine. Hands down the best LED tail light I've seen. Lots of options and settings. Seems similar to the difference in quality between a $100 surefire or 4sevens flashlight vs. $20 at costco. Both get the job done - just depends on your needs...

Old 03-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

mrjimbo, ridetimetechnology makes some nice products. If you go with the tour pak replacement LED panels, take some pics and do a little "how to" write-up.

As for the BAL-1, living and riding in metro Atlanta means that seeing and being seen is a big part of riding safely. The BAL improves the chances that I won't get run over by an inattentive driver on the congested surface streets. Since you're in Idaho, you may not have the same concerns about being run over.

Good luck with your project.

Carl

Old 03-25-2011, 11:55 AM
wildeano
Tourer

+1 on ride time technology lighting,,, quality stuff,,, im running his tail light, his turnz module and his glide lights,,, abd if there is any problems , the man will call you on the phone with any help you might need,,,,,, usually within an hour or so.... www.ridetimetechnology.com