Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strongly Considering MCC over Mustang - Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 03:46 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Strongly Considering MCC over Mustang - Opinions?

I've had Mustang seats on my last two rides and they're great seats. I'm tempted to try MCC on my 2010 OE RK seat for the simple fact that it's something different. I've sat in other seats (not MCC) that feel more soft and plush than Mustangs. Would you descried the MCC with the mem foam softer than a Mustang?

Thanks
R

Old 03-23-2011, 04:30 PM
DHinsSC
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat choice

I have a mustang on my Heritage and it is a nice seat, definitely better than stock. I chose to go with the mean city cycles upgrade for the upgrade on my Ultra. I have never regretted it. Much better seat and the staff was excellent to work with.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The first thing I did when I got my '08 was to have the seat done at MCC. They did a good job. The following year I got a Mustang and find it to be more comfortable for long miles in the saddle. The MCC seat is softer but I find I have more support with the deeper bucket of the Mustang. Of course everyones butt is different...

Old 03-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 245 Likes on 194 Posts

I have Mustang for 58K miles very good seat,softer seat is only good for 30 minutes or less rides.To test a seat you have to try riding 3-4 long days rides before you decide.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:41 PM
ndmp40
Advanced

I hated my Mustang. Too hard on long rides. Had my stock seat redone at MCC, its perfect. Gave the Mustang to my BIL, he took it off too!

Old 03-23-2011, 05:53 PM
garyl
Cruiser

Ive had Mustang and have just recently had MCC do my ultra. Both are good, but comfort wise, I give the nod to Mustang.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:36 PM
valleybuck
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the MCC just sent it off yesterday,Wont get back till Tues.I needed to move back and it was cheaper than buying a new seat.From what I've read on here people seem to really like MCC.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:48 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,965 Likes on 22,550 Posts

If you're going to spend much over $250 I'd go with a C & C for about $100 more. Custom made to your specs in your choice of material.
No stock seats. All custom.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:50 PM
ericl
Road Warrior
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I posted this a couple of months ago, hope it helps

review of Danny Gray Solo Big Seat
just installed the above mentioned seat couple days ago. i woke early this morning and put 275 miles, 5 hours, with zero break in hours to the seat prior to the ride. I was told it may take 800 - 1000 miles for the seat to conform for maximum comfort.

Impressions.

changes the look of the bike to the better in my opinion, it sits me lower by a couple of inches and moved me back slightly.

I normally ride with a back rest and the seat has the receiver for the backrest but i have yet to purchase.

there is enough of a lip on the back of the seat that it securely sets you in. riding without the backrest was not an issue however i will still purchase the backrest, because i like to use it to support while I stretch out.

the seat is firm, with a small amount of padding, it does have gel, it is comfortable. when i first sat on it i had my doubts as i noticed the lack of padding. i could have put more miles on the ride this morning, no squirming, or numb butt.

this makes my third seat, the original is modified with double decker memory foam from Mean City Cycles, much more comfortable than stock.
My second seat and the one i use for two up, (wifes seat) is the Harley Hammock. it is like a lounger.

in order of comfort and on a scale of 1-10 (ten being most comfortable)

Hammock - 9: it almost feels like i am not sitting on a seat more of a chair.

Danny Gray - 8: I'm confident i could get a 500 mile ride in with this seat

OEM modified by MCC - 5 even though its better than stock its no where close to the other two as far a comfort.

Cool factor

Danny Gray - 9
OEM Modified - 5
Hammock -1 (i put a 1 just to make it tangible i could easily give it a 0)

Old 03-23-2011, 08:44 PM
navigator
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a mustang on my 99 RK and logged 92K miles, when I bought my 08 Ultra I ordered a Mustang before bike delivery and love it. I am not a bar hopper, my rides are on average 230 miles on a weekend day and we take many 2, 3 day weekend rides and one and two week trips each year. Love my Mustang, but I have to say it is the only thing I have sat in, so my opinion is not so objective!

Quick Reply: Strongly Considering MCC over Mustang - Opinions?