Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Denim paint

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 09:52 PM
Pugz2727
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denim paint

Any of you guys out there got the denim paint on an 07? I saw a streetglide with the pacific blue denim at the stealer yesterday and I thought it really looked sharp.
Any info , good or bad, would be appreciated.

Dan

Old 10-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Denim paint

when you buy it, haggle with em....dealers in my area caint move the blue denim SG's

Old 10-15-2006, 10:16 PM
FLSpringerSE
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an 07 Street Glide. I really like the color & think it looks real good with chrome. Real easy to keep clean too! Anything specific you want to know Pugz?

Old 10-15-2006, 10:17 PM
BB06FLHX
Road Warrior

They feel very rough to the touch and look like they would be hard to hide scratches. That and IMO they look stupid. Willie wanted the SG to be dark in color not some flat blue and silver color.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:21 PM
FLSpringerSE
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: BB06FLHX

They feel very rough to the touch and look like they would be hard to hide scratches.

I'll leave the personal opinion alone but, mine is not rough at all...actually it is quite smooth...Florida love bugs wash right off. No scratches yet so I can't comment yet on that.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:24 PM
BB06FLHX
Road Warrior

I felt one on my way through Delaware (at Mike's) and it felt very rough (as opposed to a clear coat paintjob).

As far as opinions we all know about them-"they are like a$$holes and everyone has one"

Old 10-15-2006, 10:38 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

You'll find alot of the guys don't like the denim paint. The wife has a denim black bob and everywhere we go it's "man that is killer". I barely wash the thing. I prefer the minimalist look but alot of guys like chrome shinny everything. Some are crazy about it. They buy the entire section out of the HD parts catalog to put on the bike. You know the "I got $10,000 in chrome" guys. Then they spend 3 hours shining everything before a ride and another 3 hours after. To each their own ya know.

Regardless, you'll find that the denim is easy to keep clean, fades nicely and looks nothing like the sea of other Harleys out there. So good luck, go with what you like. And nevermind the haters...

lp

Old 10-16-2006, 12:38 AM
crp5
Cruiser

IMO The Denim Blue SG is a great looking ride. The color contrasts with the black / chrome on the bike perfectly. Was a tough decision between dressing up a SG or dressing down an Ultra. Dealer made the decision for me when he sold me the Ultra in Vivid Black for SG MSRP. If I was buying a SG, denim blue would be the color for me. Wish they has the denim black offered in the SG. Now that would be a bike / color option that would make me want another.

Local Dealers around here are selling the denim blue for black price. Having a time moving them.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:07 AM
FLSpringerSE
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: BB06FLHX

I felt one on my way through Delaware (at Mike's) and it felt very rough (as opposed to a clear coat paintjob).

Agreed, it IS a different feel than the standard clearcoat. I also have several coats of Turtle Wax ICE on the bike. It actually deepened the color and protects the bike quite well.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:13 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

FL Springer. Take a pic of that thing in the sun and post it if you can. I saw some when I was home and just didn't like it. However, it was sitting in the showroom. I felt it and it was smoother than I thought it would be. I am just curious as to what one looks like shined up and in the sun. Thanks

Quick Reply: Denim paint