Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SG - Wind Deflection Options

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 11:41 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

how do they work in the HEAT - blocking too much air makes for a HOT ride

Old 04-30-2011, 01:21 AM
thewholehog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by harley0711
how do they work in the HEAT - blocking too much air makes for a HOT ride
Yeah, I ride in a very hot climate..... and all the "add-ons" just going to make it hotter.

Old 04-30-2011, 04:08 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

there are two things that will make your bike much nicer to ride. first, the fork air baffle, they're not expensive and they bolt onto the backside of your lower triple tree and you'll no longer have that wind blast coming up between the forks and gas tank. the other suggestion i have for you is to get the adjustable side wings for your batwing fairing. i can have a smoke while riding down the highway on my streetglide and i've got the 10" long ride shield with the flip at the top, fork air baffle, and the aforementioned side wings, i'm not sure what they're called, but harley has them along with the fork air baffle.

Old 04-30-2011, 04:10 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

as far as the comments on hot climates and the heat issue, the adjustable side wings will allow you to direct the air flow either into or around your fairing. you can bring cooler air in to the cockpit if you want to.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:51 AM
thewholehog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb
there are two things that will make your bike much nicer to ride. first, the fork air baffle, they're not expensive and they bolt onto the backside of your lower triple tree and you'll no longer have that wind blast coming up between the forks and gas tank. the other suggestion i have for you is to get the adjustable side wings for your batwing fairing. i can have a smoke while riding down the highway on my streetglide and i've got the 10" long ride shield with the flip at the top, fork air baffle, and the aforementioned side wings, i'm not sure what they're called, but harley has them along with the fork air baffle.
Thanks for sharing your experience.... sounds like you have a good set up with the combination of parts you mentioned. BTW the "side wings" you are talking about are called "lower fairing air deflectors".

Old 05-09-2011, 10:18 PM
jperez434
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here. Found the fork mounted wind deflectors on ebay then went to the guys site on www.street-glide.com. I ordered mine about almost three weeks ago. The guy fabs them pretty quickly, but it takes a while to get them bufffed and chromed. I should be receiving them by the end of the month sometime. He'll make em in flat black, gloss black or chrome and will even make a custom set for guys with the passing lamps on their FLHX (like me). Paid $160 for mine since they were a custom order. I'll let you guys/gals know how they work out for me.

Also just ordered a 10" LRS Dark Tint shield a few minutes ago. The 8.5" Klockwerks isn't cutting the mustard since I sit a little taller in the saddle with my tallboy seat.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:19 PM
flhrbill
Club Member
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I installed the fork baffle first and was not happy with the results. The fork wind deflectors did the trick. No more wind coming up my face. I am concerned about the extra heat from the motor. Is anyone running with these wind deflectors on during the summer?