Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 10:46 PM
jlfabian
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'09 Road King and I use the EZ-Air. It takes a second to make certain of the seating, but it makes checking and filling so much easier. I feed the tube between the slots of the rotors - usually before I have done any riding, otherwise you need to let the rotors cool. Thats generally for the rear tire, don't have to do that for the front though I usually do. Bought mine off Amazon for $17 and change. Bought some other stuff, so shipping was free. The chuck is large, but it really is not that much of an issue.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:07 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Great solution for Street Glide aluminum wheels. Many SG owners have found it difficult to access the valve stems with most common gauges. In my search for a better gauge, I added an 1/8" NPT 90* elbow to this gauge, and I realize it doesnt look too sexy but it works fantastic. Granted you can't add air with this particular set up but you can easily acquire the valve stem from any angle or position without rolling around on the ground. The individual Milton angle head stem can be purchased at automotive parts stores or McMaster Carr, and the 90* can be found locally at most hardware stores, Lowes or Home Depot, or you can just get a gauge with this type stem and angle head, and add the elbow.

Attached Thumbnails Tire Gauge-100_1063.jpg   Tire Gauge-100_1066.jpg  
Old 10-10-2011, 10:18 AM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SciFiGuy
When it comes to checking and adding air to the tires of the Street Glide the best money I've spent so far was for one of the EZ-Air tire gauges.

http://www.getagauge.com/Tire-Gauges...age-EZ-Air.cfm

Makes checking and adding air a snap.
That's the gauge I use. Just clip it on adjust the pressure and clip it off.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:25 AM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
Great solution for Street Glide aluminum wheels. Many SG owners have found it difficult to access the valve stems with most common gauges. In my search for a better gauge, I added an 1/8" NPT 90* elbow to this gauge, and I realize it doesnt look too sexy but it works fantastic. Granted you can't add air with this particular set up but you can easily acquire the valve stem from any angle or position without rolling around on the ground. The individual Milton angle head stem can be purchased at automotive parts stores or McMaster Carr, and the 90* can be found locally at most hardware stores, Lowes or Home Depot, or you can just get a gauge with this type stem and angle head, and add the elbow.
Great Idea ! That seems to be the best thing I've seen yet ! gonna do that today......well thats 1 in a row for ya !.........lol.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:29 AM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iclick
It would seem that with that straight chuck it would be hard to access the valves.
I just added this.
http://www.amazon.com/Topeak-Pressur...gy_auto_text_b

Old 10-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SciFiGuy
When it comes to checking and adding air to the tires of the Street Glide the best money I've spent so far was for one of the EZ-Air tire gauges.

http://www.getagauge.com/Tire-Gauges...age-EZ-Air.cfm

Makes checking and adding air a snap.
This is the one I use. It's great. Snap on once until you are finished (add air, release air, check air).

Old 10-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Mikind7
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts