Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kendon trailer empty

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011 | 08:01 AM
stevepacman
Road Master

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
I'd love to see pictures/drawing of your modified ramp or anyone else's who had modified it.
I wouldn't ride my bike onto the trailer with the narrow and flimsy stock ramp which provides no room to plant your feet. Also, the engineer who designed the spare wheel/tire to mount under the trailer should be fired. Good luck having a flat tire at night with the trailer loaded with 1 or 2 bikes. <sigh>
Last, can you bolt one of the 2 rails in the middle of the trailer if you tow only 1 bike?
Pictures will be in your email sometime today. I agree with your comment on the spare being mounted underneath. I plan to remove it it put it in the back of my vehicle when I go a long distance.

Keep in mind my "modified" ramp also has to go into the back of my truck since there's no room for it on the trailer.

Old 03-27-2011 | 08:19 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member

For those who doubt the Kendon can haul two tourers, I don't have the picks, but I've done it twice, no problem at all, and having just one bike on the trailer may seem unbalanced, but it's not an issue, have done that many times. I have to agree where the spare is sucks, thankfully I've never had to use mine, and I also would like to see a different ramp. BTW I paid about $2300.00 for mine at the HD dealer of all places, go figure.

Old 03-27-2011 | 08:24 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by dbell66253
For those who doubt the Kendon can haul two tourers, I don't have the picks, but I've done it twice, no problem at all, and having just one bike on the trailer may seem unbalanced, but it's not an issue, have done that many times. I have to agree where the spare is sucks, thankfully I've never had to use mine, and I also would like to see a different ramp. BTW I paid about $2300.00 for mine at the HD dealer of all places, go figure.
Can't you relocate the rail/shock in the middle of the trailer if you haul only 1 bike?

Old 03-27-2011 | 08:45 AM
vtwinbob
Road Captain

Originally Posted by john218
No problems when empty, don't even know it is there (can't see it either).

Not to hijack the thread - I have a problem with the driver side fender vibrating intermittently so badly that I can't keep the bulb in the socket. I have inspected and tightened all the hardware and mounting bolts and can't isolate the problem - any ideas?

mine does good, i also moved the rail to the center to help balance out the load.

my rear fender did the same thing, i removed the license plate and screwed it on the fender, that help, later on i also welded a support bracket in there to help give it more strength on both fenders, mine shook so bad the fender finally broke so give it a good looking over you might have a crack there also. but other then the fender deal it's a good little trailer

Last edited by vtwinbob; 03-27-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-27-2011 | 11:03 AM
Mntsnow
Road Master

I have driven my SG and my wife's heritage on our kendon trailer from SLC to Phoenix AZ a couple of times during the winter months (we ride the bikes from Phoenix down to Rocky Point Mexico) with not a single problem. We love our kendon! We also use it behind our 32' class C motorhome when we go vacationing so we can tour around on the bikes when we get to where we are camping.

Old 03-27-2011 | 11:06 AM
stevepacman
Road Master

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
Can't you relocate the rail/shock in the middle of the trailer if you haul only 1 bike?
Because it's not a leaf-spring style suspension, it trailers fine with one bike on either side. It also doesn't bounce around like a trampoline like my first trailer.

Old 03-27-2011 | 11:09 AM
pandol34
Tourer

Been using one for three years to pull my Street Glide & the old lady's Softail Deluxe around & haven't had an issue. However, I load the SG first and away from the side with the license plate bracket (Which has gotten trashed by loading over the last three years), then load the Deluxe.

I run between 65 & 70 on the Interstate and the trailer pulls true with one bike as well with two. I also pull the spare and the ramp and throw them in the trunk or truck bed when I travel.

With no bike on board, 75 on the Interstate is no problem. I also use a magnetic base with a orange ball on the end to back-up (you can't see where the trailer is) like the kind you can buy at an RV store.

Old 03-27-2011 | 03:11 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by stevepacman
Because it's not a leaf-spring style suspension, it trailers fine with one bike on either side. It also doesn't bounce around like a trampoline like my first trailer.
I was thinking of being able to plant both feet on the trailer if you ride it on. If the bike is on a side, the exterior foot has no room to rest.

Old 03-27-2011 | 03:51 PM
pandol34
Tourer

Correct. That's why I put the heaver SG on first, parking it on the right. I walk it up the ramp under power and then walk the Deluxe up on the left side. The only rub to left side loading is a mangled license plate that keeps getting snagged on my jeans.

Old 03-28-2011 | 07:40 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by pandol34
Correct. That's why I put the heaver SG on first, parking it on the right. I walk it up the ramp under power and then walk the Deluxe up on the left side. The only rub to left side loading is a mangled license plate that keeps getting snagged on my jeans.
You've got more ***** than I have. I wouldn't walk my Ultra Classic up the ramp under power. No way.
I've used both a Kendon and an Aluma and the Aluma wins hands down. It has a full width ramp which stores under the trailer. Aluma also carries a fold-up trailer (MC1F) and the ramp is as wide as the one on the rigid model. Kendon should think about offering a full-width ramp as an option. The Aluma is not much more expensive than the Kendon, all things being considered and it has several big advantages. 1) The spare wheel is easily accessible, 2) it comes with a rock guard out of the box, 3) it's 100% aluminum so it's lighter and doesn't rust and last but not least 4) it's very easy to roll the Ultra off the wheel shock with the Aluma but it's a real PITA with the Kendon.
My 0.02cts.

Quick Reply: Kendon trailer empty