Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BEWARE!! EZ-UP FAILS and no warranty offered...(REPOSTED)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:03 PM
RJsHD
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started out reading this thread and was not going to buy the EZ-UP based on what I consider BAD Customer Service. I agree with the majority on the bad handling of this issue. There may be a few who get over (and from what I can tell, this issue cannot be proven to be abuse) on a business but what you gain from standing behind your product says more about the Core Values of a business I wnt to deal with.
I am glad Rod changed his mind and hope that more businesses see what damage bad publicity can do to you. Is it really worth it?
Rod, I WILL purchase from you a EZ-UP because I believe you are sincere in wanting to do the right thing and I can hear in your words that you 110% have a passion for your product.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:23 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had many quotes I wanted to answer as I read; however, towards the end, Rod changed my mind.

I will purchase an EZ-up from you Rod. At first I wasn’t going to, but now for sure I will.

Can you tell me how much one would be for a 2008 Electra Glide Ultra?

Old 03-21-2011, 11:32 PM
jeff137
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I should have mentioned earlier, I ordered my EZ-up the day Rod was leaving for Daytona. I actually called like 2 minutes before the shop was supposed to close. He was in the process of loading up and stopped what he was doing to help ensure I got the correct model for my bike. He came to the phone and talked to me about how it works, etc. I thought it was great of him to take the time to do this when the person that originally answered the phone told him I wasn't sure which one I needed. This product made a HUGE difference in my ability to garage my bike.

Thanks again for a GREAT product!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:38 PM
Retrax
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am glad Rod chose to do the right thing but I am disappointed it had to come to this to get it done. It looks to me like the OP would have been stuck, angry and disappointed, until he started posting here.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:42 PM
awmllc2000
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

kudos to rod

Old 03-22-2011, 06:32 AM
Avalanche_Mutt
Tourer

Originally Posted by awmllc2000
kudos to rod

Old 03-22-2011, 06:59 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Theakerr
Why are there no pictures? A good picture would show if the component was bent or if it had failed at the weld. Yada yada
Too true.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:18 AM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by big6x6
I agree with you 100% and you are absolutely correct! You've been there before haven't you!

Sadly....what if there were no forum?....Would this customer have been taken care of?

Not piling on here....that's just the way it is....
Saddly it had to come to this for the vendor to replace the product, that sucks, agreed. But great to see that the existance of this forum helped get the issue resolved.

And from the comments of owners of this stand, it is a good product.

Let's ride!

Old 03-22-2011, 08:36 AM
CADguy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by vrodb
Thanks for the kind words, I needed some.
BTW I always give forum members discounts when they ask. I also answer emails on weekends and give out my personal cell number to folks having trouble with installs or have other questions. I made a bad call on this one but I have learned a lot about taking care of warranty issues too.
The internet is a powerful thing. It can be used right and wrong, but here in the end, I think things came out right. I said I was on the fence between Rod's EZ-up and the HD one. I'll be contacting Rod to order one of his. As a forum sponsor and coming on here to discuss the situation, I think will earn him a lot more business. Kudo Rod.

CADguy

Old 03-22-2011, 09:24 AM
TheDon81
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V2Evo96
Rob- thank you for coming on the board to provide input to this situation. We should all remember that there are two sides to every story and should take the time to listen to both of them.

As an ex-welder and NDT examiner I can tell you that a properly executed weld with properly controlled parameters (and proper penetration) should not crack.
The lever may bend but the weld should be strong enough through design-engineering-weld execution to support the bent lever....without cracking the weld.

At the end of the day (and as 10ring stated) a 5/8" mild steel bar isn't all that hard to bend no matter what leverage is applied.

I'm not bagging you or your product but we all know "stuff happens". In particular welders have a bad day and a poor weld results from time to time. Ambient temperatures change, poor pre-weld cleaning occurs, amp settings get bumped, leads fray and amps/voltage loss results, welders mis-cue arc strikes and sometimes do not finish the weld tie in properly,etc.

In QA terms if you have had a few failed welds (as you mentioned) and depending on how many units you produce per year the failure rate could be considered as acceptable for you. However the customer doesn't feel that way as you would know.

You obviously have a good product based on lack of posted issues so why has this isolated case become such an issue? Is this type of press worth the aggravation for a freebie fix even if the owner used undue force-- which personally don't see how that could happen.
It's all about market perception at this stage.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

PS just read the posts above where you'll make it right. Well done and it will pay you back in the long run... Going to look at your product line now as I have been considering the need for a center stand.
If welded properly the metal around the weld should fail before the weld. Glad to hear he made this right.

Quick Reply: BEWARE!! EZ-UP FAILS and no warranty offered...(REPOSTED)