Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BEWARE!! EZ-UP FAILS and no warranty offered...(REPOSTED)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 08:47 PM
kruzin
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

In my line of work I run into situations like this every now and then. One question here that I always consider is, did the bend occur after the weld gave way? Sometimes we don't know what came first the chicken or the egg. All must be considered.

Anyway the fact is $50.00 is a small price to pay for customer satisfaction. I have given in sometimes (and spent a hell of a lot more money) just to keep the customer happy. One thing though, I do not forget if it is a questionable call and if other situations keep coming up from the same customer we then have a problem...he would at that time be on his own.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:49 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up customer satisfaction

Originally Posted by kruzin
In my line of work I run into situations like this every now and then. One question here that I always consider is, did the bend occur after the weld gave way? Sometimes we don't know what came first the chicken or the egg. All must be considered.

Anyway the fact is $50.00 is a small price to pay for customer satisfaction. I have given in sometimes (and spent a hell of a lot more money) just to keep the customer happy. One thing though, I do not forget if it is a questionable call and if other situations keep coming up from the same customer we then have a problem...he would at that time be on his own.
+1 on that

Old 03-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Ok, Rob has stepped up to the plate and taken care of the customer, He has been properly beaten about the head and shoulders and admitted that he went the wrong way in this situation and if he had to do it all over again he would have take a different path.

It takes a MAN to admit a mistake and we all make them. I also bet in the future warranty repairs will go much smoother for the customer. I.E. refusing just is worth the hassle.

Rob, You have a great product. Now how about a discount to all HD fourm members

Old 03-21-2011, 09:46 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Wow Rod. Who knew it would come to this.
I've always believed that, in business, a problem is your greatest marketing tool because it gives you the opportunity to show people what you're made of.
I'm glad to see you reconsidered your position. Even if the customer could have "abused" his stand, the points you make fixing it for him are worth way more than $50.
I'm still a fan of the product and you were very generous when you signed on as a vendor here and gave me the group discount for a prior purchase. I never forgot that. I hope you can still make this work in your favor. Don't let the detractors get to you. You humbled yourself and did the right thing. What more can anyone ask. JB

Old 03-21-2011, 09:58 PM
vrodb
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
Ok, Rob has stepped up to the plate and taken care of the customer, He has been properly beaten about the head and shoulders and admitted that he went the wrong way in this situation and if he had to do it all over again he would have take a different path.

It takes a MAN to admit a mistake and we all make them. I also bet in the future warranty repairs will go much smoother for the customer. I.E. refusing just is worth the hassle.

Rob, You have a great product. Now how about a discount to all HD fourm members

Thanks for the kind words, I needed some.
BTW I always give forum members discounts when they ask. I also answer emails on weekends and give out my personal cell number to folks having trouble with installs or have other questions. I made a bad call on this one but I have learned a lot about taking care of warranty issues too.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:38 PM
swervin irv
Tourer

WOW, Rod you did the right thing.You will get a lot of postive results from this??????

Old 03-21-2011, 10:43 PM
hover
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vrodb
BTW I always give forum members discounts when they ask. I also answer emails on weekends and give out my personal cell number to folks having trouble with installs or have other questions. I made a bad call on this one but I have learned a lot about taking care of warranty issues too.
I got the forum discount when I got my Wheeldock, and I would by from Rod again. Good service, and a great center stand, no problems with mine at all.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:48 PM
david christopher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vrodb
thanks, thats all we wanted

Old 03-21-2011, 10:53 PM
YtseJam
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXCOMMISH
Um, ya think?

I'm retired.

HA!! I doubt it.

I said I could be quite the douche sometimes. Not all the time, but, sometimes.

Suit yourself. It's really up to you. Have a nice day.
Wow....great answers .

....correct, sarcasm.

Last edited by YtseJam; 03-22-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:02 PM
kpb46
Road Master

Originally Posted by tj316
has anyone tried the Rivco center stand ?
I have one on my 07 Ultra since it was almost new. Love it. Is pretty much concealed when in the up position. No big ugly bars hanging way out. I shopped around when I bought it. Glad I picked Rivco.

Quick Reply: BEWARE!! EZ-UP FAILS and no warranty offered...(REPOSTED)