Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BEWARE!! EZ-UP FAILS and no warranty offered...(REPOSTED)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 12:30 PM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I had a wheel dock center stand. Worked great. Mine failed as well. Broke in the same spot as yours...the weld where the arm meets the leg. I bought mine on that auction site used so figured warranty would no longer apply. So I welded the arm back on myself. I can say from seeing the break that the weld did not have enough penetration. No matter how overengineered an item is it is only as strong as its weakest piece...in this case the weld. Yours and mine must have been made on a Friday afternoon of a long weekend coming.

Adam

Old 03-21-2011, 01:00 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Mine has been working flawlessly for a couple of years now. Seems reasonable to assume a weld was poorly executed. Sorry to hear that Rod was not willing to stand behind the product fully. Obviously $50 is far less than the full cost of the unit but a warrantee is a warrantee.
I had a Wheeldock rep at a show tell me that I could expect to get a warrantee even if failure uccurred due to the stand scraping in turns. I'm highly sceptical of that now. I hope that Rod reads this thread and reconsiders. I good word is a good word but a bad word is extremely damaging in these matters. Sometimes hearing about how someone solves a problem creates more good will than 1,000 sales that worked as expected. Good luck.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:03 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

has anyone tried the Rivco center stand ?

Old 03-21-2011, 01:39 PM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Please let us know if anything else comes of this. I have the stand on my 09 Ultra and love it.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:55 PM
vrodb
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is one of the reasons I don’t spend much time on forums anymore. The customer who did nothing wrong with the way he was using my product actually bent a 5/8ths inch steel bar before breaking the weld half way through. The point I tried to make with him is that I don’t consider this a design failure but abuse as I can’t generate enough leverage with my puny butt (285Lbs) to bend one of these things. I offered to replace the whole lower end and re-powder coat the stand for $50 and this is unfair and prompted him to slam me on this and other forums. I do offer a good warranty against issues arising from normal use but when a customer tells me he did nothing out of the ordinary and I have a 5/8” BENT STEEL BAR in my hand I have to wonder. I have had the same center stand on my 07 Street Glide for 4 years and show it at Daytona to Sturgis every year and it is the same exact one I started with. It has had thousands of people set on it and use it without anything getting bent. I have had a few welds fail but when it is associated with the bent lever it is caused from unnecessary force. When used properly it takes less than 50lbs of force to put the bike up on my stand.

Rod B.
President Wheeldock Co.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:06 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the EZup on my 07 EGC and now I have one on my 10 FLTRX, I love it, and use it all the time. I have never had a problem.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:08 PM
07JakeelwoodHD
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is the same centerstand that bikes have rolled off when bumped into or left ildling and they claimed there was no design flaw...Just my opion

Old 03-21-2011, 02:09 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member

Just realized I may be abusing mine a bit, if you look at my pic you'll notice my rear wheel is in the air, that's because even though I have a 1" lower EZup, my bike has been lowered an extra 3/4" in the rear and 2" in the front.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:19 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 07JakeelwoodHD
This is the same centerstand that bikes have rolled off when bumped into or left ildling and they claimed there was no design flaw...Just my opion
I've had an EZup stand for over 4 years and on 2 different bikes, never heard of the problems you claim, how hard was the bike bumped and was it idling in gear or what?

Old 03-21-2011, 02:38 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting that most with under 200 posts are the quickest to pile on. Personally, I think the guy is a douche for coming on the forum and blasting EZ up because he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of guys on here who own EZ up stands. If there was a quality issue with welds breaking all the time because it's a POS, don't ya think we would have all heard about it by now? Search EZ up and see how many "it's a POS" threads you come up with. Believe me, we are not shy about blasting a POS product on here. We would have know long before your post if EZ ups were crap. JMHO. BTW, I've had no issues with mine at all.

Quick Reply: BEWARE!! EZ-UP FAILS and no warranty offered...(REPOSTED)