Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Ultra Classic vs BMW LT

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 04:54 PM
legendzzz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever have that Old shirt or sweater that you go to throw away 100 times and every time you put it on you feel like you are back home with Mom and Dad having breakfast and the house is warm and all is so comfortable ?? We all have that shirt or sweater and the Harley is that to me . Warm and Comfortable and it feels like Home when I get on her and ride . It is not new in tech. or appearence but just fits sooooo well !! YEA thats my Old Sweater my HD !.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

rode eough goldwings, one BMW to know that they are three diffent animals. Love my limited and would not go back.. period

Old 03-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,144 Likes on 3,668 Posts

[quote=Terrabella;8071570] As far as current technological is concerned, Harley is behind the curve by a mile compared to Japanese or German bikes.

I have to disagree with this statement....HD has all the technologies that other manufacturer has...I am not sure which part of the Japanese or German bikes are more advanced... HD tried the V-Rod, Buell and the buying market didn't bite so they are well in their right to not add all the fancy gadgets on the bike...

Old 03-21-2011, 06:26 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,144 Likes on 3,668 Posts

Took my sister in law for a 200 mile ride saturday and she hadn't rode in over 20 years and had been asking for a little trip...We stopped and asked her what she thought...She said it sounds and feels like what a motorcycle to her should...Said she use to have a Honda but it was too subtle. Now she wants a Sportster...SHe is 56 and lost her husband after a 4 year illness and she cared for him all the time...Been a year now and she said a harley would be could therapy...

Old 03-21-2011, 06:50 AM
Big Johnson
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before I bought my 2011 Limited I looked at the BMW 1600, they are way better than the BMW LT. I had to make a decision and I went with Harley and am looking forward to riding as soon as this damn snow leaves. This has to be the longest winter! That saying is true about there are people who own a Harley and then there are people who want to own a Harley. I was one of those people that wanted a Harley and now I am an owner of a 2011 Limited, Rineharts, SERT PRO, 255 Cams and windsplitter windshield.

Last edited by Big Johnson; 03-21-2011 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:14 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why would anyone try to compare the two bikes?
Self Justification for being whimpy? or not owning a man card? Not thinking (inside) that you can handle a HD?
I dont get it.
They are two different bikes for two different types.
I for one do not want to even LOOK partially like a BMW rider. And you all know what I mean.
And I do not even like the sound of a sewing machine under me.
No, there is a reason someone does this. I think we know why.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 392 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by rapz
I have comparison of the two bikes on my blog. Check it out at swriding.blogspot.com
You don't mean the 2005 reveiw do you?? That's old, is there anything current?

Old 03-21-2011, 07:51 AM
DRAFT1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rapz
I have comparison of the two bikes on my blog. Check it out at swriding.blogspot.com
Very good write up....and very fare. I also came up from the sport tourers. Kaw Concours, ST1100, ST1300 and a Triumph Sprint ST. Love every one of them. The wife and I did a 10 day trip out west on the ST1300 pulling a trailer. Also done a few iron butts on it. My traveling bud owns a LT. It is an awsome bike. When looking for a full blown 2 up tourer, I decided on the HD because of comfort and dealer locations. Anyway, I enjoyed your write up and for the record chief, I never felt like I had to flash my "man card" while riding any of the above.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:04 PM
rapz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Yes, it is an old comparison, but I thought it was still applicable since the HD is still about the same and the LT hasn't been modified that much.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

The 2005 ultra hasn't changed much? LOL. What a joker. LOL

Quick Reply: Harley Ultra Classic vs BMW LT