Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Shack - Alarm Siren Install - 2011 RGC

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012 | 12:42 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member

I went and bought the siren today and it took about 10 min to install. But my question is this. When the alarm sets it doesnt chirp it clicks. But when the alarm is going off it sounds fine , like a siren should. Its just when it arms and disarms it clicks.

Also has anyone been successful on changing the bike to chirpless mode. The manual says to turn the key to on and when the red key on the speedo goes out turn the key off. Do this about 3 times ending with the key on. This should put it in chirp or chirpless mode which ever your trying to get to. I tried about 10 times and cannot get it to do it. Is there a trick the manual is missing? SHould the run switch be on? It doesnt say to as well as i wouldnt want the fuel pump to prime even 5 seconds for the 3 times key on and off........

Last edited by pontiac69; 02-19-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-10-2012 | 01:26 AM
JW2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pontiac69
Also has anyone been successful on changing the bike to chirpless mode. The manual says to turn the key to on and when the red key on the speedo goes out turn the key off. Do this about 3 times ending with the key on. This should put it in chirp or chirpless mode which ever your trying to get to. I tried about 10 times and cannot get it to do it. Is there a trick the manual is missing? SHould the run switch be on? It doesnt say to as well as i wouldnt want the fuel pump to prime even 5 seconds for the 3 times key on and off........
I just finished doing the same install this evening on my '12 FLHX so after seeing your post, tried to get it into "chirpless mode". In the owners manual, when you turn it off you are supposed to turn back on after security lamp goes out but before signals flash. Series of 3 on/off and 4th iteration it's just turn on.

Problem I had is that when I turn off ignition switch, the second the security lamp goes out, the signals flash at the same time so not able to turn back on before the flash.

After looking at it a little more, not sure why there is no delay as I don't think the siren being added causes less delay. I don't mind it not being "chirpless" but thought I would try to get it to work. After not being able to do it here, now I wanna know if anyone got it to go to that mode.

Old 08-10-2012 | 01:33 AM
JW2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wachuko
I will contribute this thread for those doing it on a 2011 RGC...
By the way, great job with the step-by-step. Steps were exactly the same for my '12 FLHX.

Old 08-10-2012 | 06:17 AM
HDpower
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pontiac69
I went and bought the siren today and it took about 10 min to install. But my question is this. When the alarm sets it doesnt chirp it clicks. But when the alarm is going off it sounds fine , like a siren should. Its just when it arms and disarms it clicks. I made a video of it and will post when done.

Mine makes the exact noise that yours does in the video clip. I even went so far as to check the wiring again. I would assume this is normal because the alarm works great.

Old 08-10-2012 | 06:43 PM
nivensid
Tourer

I did the install today, wish I had some time ago. Simple and easy to do, big bang for the buck...

Old 08-12-2012 | 03:19 PM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior

great write and pics. did the install today at work; and works great. just have to solder the connections when i get home tomorrow.

Old 08-13-2012 | 07:44 AM
ShrinerRider
Road Captain
Veteran: Army

Did it this weekend, first mod to the bike. 2012 UC and the install was exactly as pictured, thanks for the help.

Old 08-22-2012 | 11:18 AM
BGLIDIN
3rd Gear
Default RS Siren

Thanks for the post.

Old 08-24-2012 | 02:11 PM
MadIrish
Tourer

Thanks for the post, hadn't really considered this til i saw the thread. Piece of cake. I didn't worry about a connector....crimped the contacts onto the alarm wires, pressed them into the lead from the bike....electrical taped the snout out of it, wire tied the siren and the jumper to the panel. Like someone else said, if the thief wants to pop off my side panel, cut my wires, and make fun of my inelegant install, let 'im.

Last edited by MadIrish; 08-24-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-03-2012 | 10:33 AM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

Did this a few weeks ago, awesome mod for a few bucks.

Quick Reply: Radio Shack - Alarm Siren Install - 2011 RGC