Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Shack - Alarm Siren Install - 2011 RGC

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011 | 03:12 PM
MasterGuns(Ret)
Advanced

I'll just throw in that two are louder than one. Solder two sirens together and put one on either side, or both on the same side. I've done it both ways, but am running both on the same side now. I had one on the the other side and linked them with some speaker wire, but it rubbed through, killed the sirens, and blew my battery fuse. I suppose if I would have run the wire correctly the first time it would have saved me some pain, but live and learn. They're both plenty loud on the same side anyway.

Old 04-23-2011 | 05:45 PM
DevilSperm
Cruiser

I cant thank you enough. I just did this today on my Ultra and it works perfectly. I never even thought of using a cheapie siren like this. $8.22 well spent

Old 04-24-2011 | 01:37 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by iclick
FWIW, the connector for '07 is under the right side-cover. Wire colors match-up the same way as described here. I spliced into my original harness using blade connectors, leaving the original intact. The siren has been working for 2½ years now with no problems. Great $6 investment.

Blade connectors? The 07 must have a different plug than the 08. Or did you use those tap things to splice into the wires? (a picture is worth a thousand words......and my bike is ready to go but all we've had is storms this week.....idle sounds really good though.)

Old 05-31-2011 | 08:40 PM
r0ckie
Advanced

Hey, I got the RS siren and installed today but to wire it I just pushed the wires into the plug and then re-inserted the plug. It seems to work fine but instead of 1 warning chirp when moving the bike I get 2 or 3 before it goes steady(plenty loud too). It disarms as advertised when I bring the key fob close. I assume it's on the same frequency as the HD factory audible alarm? Did I miss something on the wiring? I'd hate to kill the battery, burn something up, etc.

Thanks again for all the help.

Old 05-31-2011 | 08:56 PM
JRBass
Road Captain

Originally Posted by r0ckie
Hey, I got the RS siren and installed today but to wire it I just pushed the wires into the plug and then re-inserted the plug. It seems to work fine but instead of 1 warning chirp when moving the bike I get 2 or 3 before it goes steady(plenty loud too). It disarms as advertised when I bring the key fob close. I assume it's on the same frequency as the HD factory audible alarm? Did I miss something on the wiring? I'd hate to kill the battery, burn something up, etc.

Thanks again for all the help.
Sounds right to me. 2 warnings and then Screaming. Fob turns off the alarm itself. where you wired the siren to is controled by the TSSM(Alarm Module)

Old 05-31-2011 | 09:33 PM
wachuko
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Cool

Originally Posted by JRBass
Sounds right to me. 2 warnings and then Screaming. Fob turns off the alarm itself. where you wired the siren to is controled by the TSSM(Alarm Module)
Yes, same here.

Old 05-31-2011 | 09:46 PM
AbnMP13
Tourer

Anyone else buy those plugs? If so I'll purchase one from ya.

Old 06-01-2011 | 04:29 PM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dawg
Here is the link to the 3 place metri-pack connector needed that I posted on the other thread in the other forum if you want to make it look factory without having to splice and run it through the dummy connector. Have to buy pack of 10 but I'm sure you could split them/sell them with others doing this mod.
Nice write up wachuko. Just got the stuff from Radio Shack today. Couple of questions....

dawg - Do you need a delphi crimper tool in order to use that metri-pack connector?

Also, I assume pulling the main fuse is why the battery wasn't disconnected?

Any signs of a trickle discharge from the battery with this?

Thanks.

~fb

Old 06-01-2011 | 05:38 PM
harleycat225
Cruiser

This was the response I got when I went looking for the connectors. I took pictures of my '11 and e-mailed to PCS. If anybody knows anything different please let me know...........

"Hi Chris,
The GT150 series are only device connectors i.e. sensors, switches and such – there is not male mating connector for those made by Delphi

PCS - Performance Connection Systems
PO Box 556
Marion, CT. 06444-0556
Phone: 203.440.9945
http://www.PCSconnectors.com
Registered CCR / US Government
Cage Code: 4UMU0"

Old 06-02-2011 | 10:48 AM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by harleycat225
This was the response I got when I went looking for the connectors. I took pictures of my '11 and e-mailed to PCS. If anybody knows anything different please let me know...........

"Hi Chris,
The GT150 series are only device connectors i.e. sensors, switches and such – there is not male mating connector for those made by Delphi
So, he's saying there is no correct connector for this plug? Just wondering before I go looking for one this weekend, as there are many electrical supply stores here in Vegas.

Also, if I can't find the connector, then I'll use electrical liquid tape. I've read that certain silicones aren't good for electrical connections, such as most on the market that smell like vinegar because of their drying properties.

~And yes, it might be overkill with all the questions and such, but that's how I am about my bike(s).

Last edited by Jack Straw; 06-02-2011 at 10:56 AM. Reason: more research

Quick Reply: Radio Shack - Alarm Siren Install - 2011 RGC