Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Shack - Alarm Siren Install - 2011 RGC

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014 | 04:03 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member

Is this the correct connector in the link? The reason I ask is because according to my service manual, the connector [142] is a 3-place Delphi GT 150 Sealed Connector and NOT a 3-place Delphi 150 Metri-Pack Sealed Connector. The description below mentions "metri-pack".
I've also seen other links referencing a Delphi 280 Metri-Pack sealed connector, which doesn't make any sense to me.

Originally Posted by dawg
Here is the link to the 3 place metri-pack connector needed that I posted on the other thread in the other forum if you want to make it look factory without having to splice and run it through the dummy connector.

Old 12-25-2014 | 06:18 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member

The following connector (which has been mentioned in a prior post) is the correct part.

http://www.casperselectronics.com/st...oducts_id=1293

I have (3) extra Delphi 3-place GT-150 P2S (Pull 2 Seal) Male connectors left. I purchased a few of them for some friends and myself.
$20, see my classified advertisement.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...connector.html

Originally Posted by Sharpie
Anyone come up with a part number for the Delphi Connector?

Old 02-16-2015 | 09:14 PM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member

Great post and tutorial! Thanks for the write-up. I just completed this tonight and it works great. Easy install. It adds a little extra security, and for $9 why not?

Can't get it to go into chirpless mode though, just like post #82 my lights go off/on too fast. If anyone figured out how to go chirpless please let me know.

Old 02-17-2015 | 06:51 AM
Cobra1
Road Warrior
Veteran: Air Force

I have determined that with the RS siren you can not go chirp-less. There must be some circuitry in the HD alarm that tells the computer that it is installed. I have learned to live with the chirp.

Old 02-17-2015 | 07:16 AM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cobra1
I have determined that with the RS siren you can not go chirp-less. There must be some circuitry in the HD alarm that tells the computer that it is installed. I have learned to live with the chirp.
OK, thanks Cobra. That's what I was thinking. OK, chirp it is.

Old 03-29-2015 | 09:06 PM
fotiii
6th Gear

Installed RS siren today on my 2002 Ultra, was louder than I thought it would be. Very nice right up and pictures, thanks for all u guys do in this forum.

Old 05-01-2015 | 07:49 AM
ARHD
Novice
Default 2014 Ultra

My 3 wires are red, white with green stripe and black. The original directions were black siren wire to green and red siren wire to brown. What about the colors I described?

I have switched them around with no luck and even followed the directions to change the chirp/chirp less mode with no luck. I tested the siren on a 9 v

olt and it works.

I used the pins, are you pushing the pins into the back of the connecter on the bike?

Old 05-02-2015 | 07:36 AM
dwl25
Tourer

Try the front. From the back I doubt that the pins are long enough to make contact. For now I just have the wires jammed in there but have the plug to to put on when I get a chance.

I hope this helps.

Old 05-04-2015 | 07:15 PM
ARHD
Novice

Originally Posted by dwl25
Try the front. From the back I doubt that the pins are long enough to make contact. For now I just have the wires jammed in there but have the plug to to put on when I get a chance.

I hope this helps.

I guess you stripped the wires to stuff them in the front? The next you have it open would you post some pics to show what it looks like.

Thanks

Old 05-05-2015 | 06:07 PM
dwl25
Tourer

No pics for now but I'll try to get some in the future. Yes I stripped the wires on the siren about 1/2", stuffed them in and used black electrical tape to hold them for now. I'll use the connector plug when I get some time off. Some guys have actually tinned the wire with solder to make them stiffer them stuffed them in. I didn't and it works fine for now but I knpow that the tape will eventually fail.

I hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Radio Shack - Alarm Siren Install - 2011 RGC