Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Shack - Alarm Siren Install - 2011 RGC

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013 | 02:02 PM
louie c
Tourer

Originally Posted by Pagan48
Did the install this a.m. Works great. One thing I seem to have that I don't remember seeing is that I get a single chirp when I turn the ignition on and when the system sets when I turn it off. Anybody else have this?
YES, I get single chirp on both arm and disarm.
BUT I saved 70.00 so I can live with one chirp.

Old 04-09-2013 | 10:08 AM
Munkee
Tourer

Im trying to install on 08 SG and can't seem to get the right combo. My wires are grey/ green with black stripe / black with green stripe.

One combo trips siren even with fob present. That's the only one where the siren works. Can Anyone with experience on this bike chime in?

Old 04-09-2013 | 10:17 AM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
From: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians

Originally Posted by Munkee
Im trying to install on 08 SG and can't seem to get the right combo. My wires are grey/ green with black stripe / black with green stripe.

One combo trips siren even with fob present. That's the only one where the siren works. Can Anyone with experience on this bike chime in?

I just did the install on my wifes 08 a couple weeks ago. Just did it according to the directions on page 1.

Red wire from siren goes to the first (LEFT) hole in the plug.... black goes in the second hole, as shown in the picture.

If you look at the connector with the latch toward you it will look like this. If you only have 2 wires.... you are using the wrong plug. The plug will be inserted into the fuze panel in a holder (you can see the holder just behind, and above to the right of the plug in the picture)

Last edited by shooter5074; 04-09-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-09-2013 | 10:32 AM
Munkee
Tourer

I don't see a picture posted but I'm pretty sure I'm on the right plug. Its on the right side inserted in a dummy rubber plug. And in my case its actually male pins that I have to plug into. I could most definitely be wrong though.

Old 04-09-2013 | 10:36 AM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't see a picture posted but I'm pretty sure I'm on the right plug. Its on the right side inserted in a dummy rubber plug. And in my case its actually male pins that I have to plug into. I could most definitely be wrong though.

The plug will be female contacts...... and I fixed the link.

And I see where you went wrong...... IT'S UNDER THE LEFT SIDE COVER

Last edited by shooter5074; 04-09-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-09-2013 | 11:07 AM
Munkee
Tourer

So I re-read my first post. I apologize for the typo.. it's an 07...darn sausages on this touchscreen. I do believe its on the right on this one.

Old 04-09-2013 | 11:40 AM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member

So I re-read my first post. I apologize for the typo.. it's an 07...darn sausages on this touchscreen. I do believe its on the right on this one.
Then it is on the right..... but it will be a 3 wire connector with FEMALE contacts.

Old 04-09-2013 | 11:53 AM
Munkee
Tourer

Originally Posted by shooter5074
Then it is on the right..... but it will be a 3 wire connector with FEMALE contacts.
Thanks. I'll take another look later. I put it back together to ride to work. Another search I did seems to indicate the plug is behind the ecm and the one I was referring to was not. Would make sense why colors didn't match exactly. I appreciate the quick help.

Old 04-17-2013 | 09:38 PM
Onramp
Cruiser

Just installed mine tonight. Will have to either find a different location for the siren or move some LED turn signal modules. Just kind of have things taped in for now to see if $6 worth of stuff really works (it does). Thanks for the great write-up!

Old 06-30-2013 | 03:16 PM
conjurski
Intermediate
Talking Worked perfect for 2013 RG

Worked perfect for my 2013 RGC. Looked and worked exactly the same as your initial post. Two things of note: I was able to hook up two sirens, just put each red wire in one connector and each black wire in one connector, worked like a charm (or chirp) :-) and then You mentioned not to put the plug back in, but I just drilled the back of the plug hole out and thread the wires through the back of it, plugged them in to the plug and inserted the plug in, worked perfect and looks good. But thanks everyone, was super simple and the wife says its crazy loud, so perfect!

Quick Reply: Radio Shack - Alarm Siren Install - 2011 RGC