Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Seat Fit & Finish? Feedback Please!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 07:24 AM
EricFLTRU
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mustang Seat Fit & Finish? Feedback Please!

Guys - just received my new Mustang Low-Down seat Part no. 79650 and I had a couple general questions before I call Mustang and complain. As you can see in the picture there are three rather large "imperfections" in the finish of the seat - it looks like an attempt to make the vinyl look like leather but I am not sure. Does anyone have experience here with Mustang seats in so much as the "fit and finish"?

Also there is a slight gap when I sit on the bike between the nose of the seat and the dashboard panel - as the picture shows - however, when I am off the bike the gap closes and all is fine. As you know the stock seat rides much higher up the tank. Thoughts there as well?? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:30 AM
dFREDb
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know about the touring seats, but I've had two, one on a VTX and one on my Dyna. The workmanship and comfort on both were excellent, but they both fit slightly different in the front, but not enough to worry about. If the 3 "lines" bother you, I would request an exchange. Just looks like artificial texture to me.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:36 AM
patsfan
Road Captain

I had the same issues with creases in my solo I got from Dennis Kirk. I called Mustang, they said it was probably where the glue had seperated or something like that. They had me ship it back them, when I got it back it was perfect and the creases have not returned after a year or riding.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:04 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what you have to realize is that vinyl is a natural product. Each vinyl tree grows differently and the imperfections you see in the vinyl are really a result of the life story of the vinyl tree from which the vinyl was harvested.

It speaks to the beauty and naturalness of the vinyl product.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:11 AM
CasaWolves
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 146 Posts

Mustang is a reputable company. Have you talked to them. No doubt in my mind they will make things right. I have a Mustang seat, comfortable, dependable and incredibly resistant to all weather conditions Love my seat and will never have anything else.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:12 AM
patsfan
Road Captain

Those creases shouldnt be there and its gonna bug you everytime you look at it. Ship it back to em and have em fix it.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Wtf?

Originally Posted by cameraboy
what you have to realize is that vinyl is a natural product. Each vinyl tree grows differently and the imperfections you see in the vinyl are really a result of the life story of the vinyl tree from which the vinyl was harvested.

It speaks to the beauty and naturalness of the vinyl
product.
Funny boy.
A vinyl compound is any organic compound that contains a vinyl group (Preferred IUPAC name ethenyl).[1] Vinyl groups (formula −CH=CH2) are derivatives of ethene, CH2=CH2, with one hydrogen atom replaced with some other group. An industrially important example is vinyl chloride, precursor to PVC, a plastic commonly known as "vinyl".