Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iron Braid Levers

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 11:25 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Iron Braid Levers

Anybody running with Iron Braid levers? How do they hold up? Photos?

Old 03-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Roadman56
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had them on one of my bikes. I had them on over ten years and the bike did not see much rain.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:25 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

I've had this set of leather covered levers for about five years now. They're well make and have held up very well. I like the fact that the company has lots of different colors and will send you samples to match to your bike...I was able to match the color to my two-tone before ordering the complete set. If I ever get another bike I'll order another set from Iron Braids. The fringe is from Chilhowee...another excellent company.

Last edited by Whiskers; 03-19-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:42 AM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I like mine been there for about a year.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:10 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts

I've got them on my 1994 Dyna. I didn't put them on till 1996, but that's still 15 years that they have been on the bike. I don't know of anyone who makes better leather lever covers and I've never seen better ones. I'll try to get a pic up later today. They still look good after all this time.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:05 AM
cochon
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

This makes my 4th harley with Iron Braids. Love them. My levers just don't feel right without them anymore.They have always held up well . The only problem that I ever had with them was on my 95 Electra Glide. I had a long fringe and I hung beads on the strands to try to prevent tangling at road speed. The movement created by this caused my brake light to flutter off and on at highway speed. I solved it by cutting the fringe shorter--- no more brakelight problem.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:33 AM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskers
I've had this set of leather covered levers for about five years now. They're well make and have held up very well. I like the fact that the company has lots of different colors and will send you samples to match to your bike...I was able to match the color to my two-tone before ordering the complete set. If I ever get another bike I'll order another set from Iron Braids. The fringe is from Chilhowee...another excellent company.

What Whiskers has on his bike is like what i'm looking at. My daughter gave me some fringe lever covers for fathers day, but they were blowing the h#ll out of me. I took them off and was going to put them back on cutting the fringe, but one disappeared. I saw the Iron Braids and thought the bolos with a little fringe would do the trick. I have the Denim Black Road Glide with the red pin striping, so was looking at the red/black braid.

Hey Whiskers, what kind of horn cover do you have on your bike?

Old 03-19-2011, 12:06 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

Originally Posted by sanlyn

Not Whiskers, but that is the HD smooth round cover
with the bar and shield/wings medallion stuck on it

Old 03-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by sanlyn
What Whiskers has on his bike is like what i'm looking at. My daughter gave me some fringe lever covers for fathers day, but they were blowing the h#ll out of me. I took them off and was going to put them back on cutting the fringe, but one disappeared. I saw the Iron Braids and thought the bolos with a little fringe would do the trick. I have the Denim Black Road Glide with the red pin striping, so was looking at the red/black braid.

J & P Cycles has them; they're called Smooth Horn Cover...I bought the V-logo from my HD dealer. BTW, the fringe on the Iron Braids came long and beat the crap out of my arms. I cut them to the length you see in the picture. I think the Black/Red would look great on your bike.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:10 PM
papagimo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have about 34,000 miles on a pair of IronBraid levers and they have not budged at all.

Quick Reply: Iron Braid Levers