Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confused?! J&M, Hogtunes, or Boom

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 08:05 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well,..................... you can always do what I did. BUY all the ones you like !!

I have 2 Boston Accoustic ProSE60' ....6 1/2's ......in the fairing..................

I have 2 Rockford Fosgate P152's .... 51/4's....in the rear pods....................

I have 4 Pioneer Premier TS-D902P....6X9's......in the saddle bags................

They all have their advantages.

LET YOUR EAR TELL YOU WHICH ONES ARE BEST !!!

Old 03-18-2011, 08:11 PM
hdman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FloridaFLHX
I'm dealing with the same question. Decided I'm gonna spray Pledge on my stock speakers and see if I get better bass response.
I tried Pledge and it was OK, then I sprayed Plexus and really got a boost and its anti-
static, cleans, protects and seals the pores... Of course, Plexus is 3 times higher priced,
than Pledge, but I Got a good clean, shiny Bass sound............... I wonder what Mothers would do?...... ............................Sorry guys, been a long day............. hdman

Old 03-18-2011, 08:25 PM
viperr817
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hdman
I tried Pledge and it was OK, then I sprayed Plexus and really got a boost and its anti-
static, cleans, protects and seals the pores... Of course, Plexus is 3 times higher priced,
than Pledge, but I Got a good clean, shiny Bass sound............... I wonder what Mothers would do?...... ............................Sorry guys, been a long day............. hdman
Goot won.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:38 PM
blueduramax
Cruiser

TexasFatboy said: "I have now put in the HD BOOM speakers for around town riding
and I hooked up a headphone jack and wear my ear bud headphones for highway driving. Man is it sweet. "

Can anyone tell me more about this possibility? I was wondering how to put a headphone jack in. Also, has anyone tried a bose noise canceling set of headphones perhaps under a half helmet?

Old 03-18-2011, 08:39 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I will be installing a set of the Rokker J&M speakers on a Harley with the Boom amp next week. i will be posting a video before and after for comparison. That is all i will say as I wish to stay out o the "debate."

Drew
That wouldn't be 1 of the 2 bikes that JMJOHN requested for volunteer bikes a couple days ago, would it?
Free or substantially reduced price, right?
A friend of yours bike, correct?

I hardly see an UN-biased opinion coming from you if that's the case.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:42 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

J&M offers 5.25" speaker upgrade kits starting at $129.99 pr, providing a nice improvement over stock ,,,,,,,,

we have 7.25" speaker upgrade kits complete starting at $249.99, providing a VERY significant improvement over stock,,,,,

our J&M ROKKER series 7.25” speaker kits give you the ultimate in performance and durability for your Harley Bagger fairing, (when used with a high-powered amplifier) starting at $349.99 ,,,,,

see all at http://www.jmcorp.com/Static/harley.htm ,,,,

Old 03-18-2011, 08:57 PM
bowa18
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
J&M offers 5.25" speaker upgrade kits starting at $129.99 pr, providing a nice improvement over stock ,,,,,,,,

we have 7.25" speaker upgrade kits complete starting at $249.99, providing a VERY significant improvement over stock,,,,,

our J&M ROKKER series 7.25” speaker kits give you the ultimate in performance and durability for your Harley Bagger fairing, (when used with a high-powered amplifier) starting at $349.99 ,,,,,

see all at http://www.jmcorp.com/Static/harley.htm ,,,,
John, I sent you an e-mail and also a PM... a question about dialing in one of your amps , please reply when you get a moment. Thanks, Larry P.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Actually, I'm pretty pleased w/my $100 set of HogTunes speakers - sound just fine at slow/fast hwy speeds. Of course I'm long done w/blasting stereo in my vehicles so I say it depends on what you're looking to get out of the system. Good luck w/the search.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Lazur
1st Gear

I agree with most of what has been said. I have an "01 RK and am running 2- 6.5" Pioneer premiers in leg warmers with 2- 4" MHI's mounted inside my Kenny Day fairing. All run through a 400 watt Alpine 4ch amp. I can hear very clearly at 70-75mph on the freeway with my 1/2 helmet (1/2- 3/4 vol) or my full face. As long as your speakers are in front of you.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:12 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
I hooked up a headphone jack and wear my ear bud headphones for highway driving. Man is it sweet.
I can hear the music very well and even listen to quiter pop music.
Rather than have to have thumping Rock and Roll that I could just barely understand anyway.
That may be the best and cheapest upgrade.
The sound is directly in your ears without all of the engine,exhaust and wind noise and dont have to have the volume near full.

Quick Reply: Confused?! J&M, Hogtunes, or Boom