Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SEPST software?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 02:33 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SEPST software?

When you plug in the vci how do you tell what map you have in the vci right at that point and in advanced how do you turn the acr's and knock sensors on and off seem to be having trouble getting back to that screen

Old 03-18-2011, 02:42 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

RTFM...

When you plug in the vci how do you tell what map you have in the vci right at that point?

Click the tuning fork, and load the map from the VCI.

how do you turn the acr's and knock sensors on and off seem to be having trouble getting back to that screen.

When you have a map loaded you will see on the left a bunch of settings. VE FRONT, VE REAR, SPARK FRONT, SPARK REAR, CLB FRONT, CLB REAR, on and on. The setting is over there. I forget the exact wording, but it is something to the affect of "Tuning (Something)". You should figure it out. You have to drag it to one of the four windows.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:06 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by editbrain
RTFM...

When you plug in the vci how do you tell what map you have in the vci right at that point?

Click the tuning fork, and load the map from the VCI.

how do you turn the acr's and knock sensors on and off seem to be having trouble getting back to that screen.

When you have a map loaded you will see on the left a bunch of settings. VE FRONT, VE REAR, SPARK FRONT, SPARK REAR, CLB FRONT, CLB REAR, on and on. The setting is over there. I forget the exact wording, but it is something to the affect of "Tuning (Something)". You should figure it out. You have to drag it to one of the four windows.
Thank you i got it. Once i change something in the tuning like Knock sensor off and on or rpm limit or acr's off and on do i have to reflash my ecu each time i change anything with that map?

Old 03-18-2011, 03:36 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, and and make the "Save As" button your best friend. I use it more than "Save". I have found that it makes me feel safer knowing I manually overwrite the file.
Also on some accounts it is best to "Save As", close the software, and reopen the software, then reload your newly saved map and continue working after changes have been made.
But to answer you question directly. You must flash the ECM with any change that has been saved to the working SEPST Map.

Last edited by editbrain; 03-18-2011 at 03:52 PM.