Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drop Seat Kit!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 03:56 PM
Slick71
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Handlebars

Originally Posted by Jerry L
Congrats on the bike! My experience was I needed more pullback on the bars. The first set I went overboard with 16" pullback. Next bar had 10" pullback. Just about an inch short, lol. I think the bars you are talking about will help, not sure if it'll help enough or not. My guess is it will. how about pics of the bike?
Turns out the Batwing Reach handlebars were exactly what the bike needed for me. The 2" it claims to give seems like a lot more and I went from feeling pulled forward to relaxed like I was on my old softail. Much more control and handling.

The following users liked this post:
Joshburnett1982 (06-24-2019)
Old 06-29-2017, 04:09 PM
Slick71
1st Gear
Default Drop seat

Originally Posted by gregeinsc
All you 6' gents please stop chiming in. You aren't adding anything. We get it. The kit is the schiznit for you.

Now for those of us like myself who are interested in the mod for practical reasons I did an experiment of sorts. I am 5'6" 30" inseam. If was looking at my bike and thought "3 inches is about the height of the seat". So I took the seat offand sat on the bare frame. My observation, yes I could reach the ground much better, but the angle to reach and operate the heel shifter was awkward to the point of not being functional. I just don't feel comfortable dropping that much coin on the hope that it works out. JMHO.
Something to keep in mind is the kit does drop the frame 3 inches, however when you but the custom seat for the kit on it raises you back up a inch and half or so. The new seat is thinner than stock but in all actuality your only about 2 inches lower which makes a big difference.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:14 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick71
Something to keep in mind is the kit does drop the frame 3 inches, however when you but the custom seat for the kit on it raises you back up a inch and half or so. The new seat is thinner than stock but in all actuality your only about 2 inches lower which makes a big difference.
Wait.
I'm not following or that didn't make sense.

If the seat is thinner then, how much thinner? Maybe 1/2"? One inch tops? Let's say 1" for simplicity.

If the drop seat kit lowers 3", and the kit seat is 1" thinner, then don't you actually drop 4"? You said 2". I think you did the math backwards?

Old 07-02-2017, 12:35 PM
Slick71
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Dew Me
Wait.
I'm not following or that didn't make sense.

If the seat is thinner then, how much thinner? Maybe 1/2"? One inch tops? Let's say 1" for simplicity.

If the drop seat kit lowers 3", and the kit seat is 1" thinner, then don't you actually drop 4"? You said 2". I think you did the math backwards?
Whatever the math or method of madness they use to call it 3 inch I do not know but fact is, put a stock seat on a drop seat frame and you have a 2 inch gap between the frame and seat.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick71
Whatever the math or method of madness they use to call it 3 inch I do not know but fact is, put a stock seat on a drop seat frame and you have a 2 inch gap between the frame and seat.
Ahhhhhh....I get it. Thank you.

So you are thinking when they say it is a 3" drop kit, they mean a 2" subframe drop and a seat that is 1" thinner.

So really if you buy the subframe only and plan to have a seat made for you the subframe is getting you 2".
That makes more sense considering how everything is packed under the seat.

Very good info. Thank you again...

Old 05-27-2019, 06:52 PM
chocalate x
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chantalj
I am 5'2" (a short petite woman) and swapped my Softail Deluxe for a StreetGlide 2010, and had the kit installed with the custom Corbin Solo seat and custom Corbin side covers, because otherwise I would not have been able to maneouver the bike while having both feet on the ground. I'm able to see over the fairing. This is the kit from Bagger Werx.
Hey can you send link to that seat..

Old 06-23-2019, 08:37 AM
John Highfill
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FBI drop kit seats

Has anyone put a drop seat kit on a SGS 2018 or with the M8 motors? I’m looking to order the kit however not seeing any new post about then on newer bikes? If so how do you like it on there and send picture if you have one done?

Old 06-23-2019, 10:37 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by John Highfill
Has anyone put a drop seat kit on a SGS 2018 or with the M8 motors? I’m looking to order the kit however not seeing any new post about then on newer bikes? If so how do you like it on there and send picture if you have one done?
Bump for you. Mines a 2012, but I don’t think frame has changed since 2009, so probably will work with m8. Call Fatbaggers, they’re good people.