Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CB questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 09:58 AM
GNDHG
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx ke5rbd. I'm confused about your statement: "The PTT will cause CB to transmit even if mic is not hooked up. That is why the clicking. " - It would seem to me I would hear more after the click if it were actually transmitting (voices) - I don't get why I'd hear one (click) without the other (talking). Is there a 2-step transmitting process? - Are you saying that HIS mic could be damaged? That doesn't seem to explain why I could hear nobody on Ch. 19 when there was plenty of "clicking" sounds that appeared to be CB talk activity. Do you believe this is a defect of the CB unit to take the bike back to the dealer for warranty service? - Thanks again.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Cris Swift
Stage II
Default Adjusting output volume on CB

is there a way to adjust the outgoing volume on the CB, without changing incoming? I'm being told that others can barely hear me when I talk, but I am receiving transmissions from everyone else quite loud. How does one fix just the output?

Old 09-11-2012, 02:03 PM
PhotoRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by Cris Swift
is there a way to adjust the outgoing volume on the CB, without changing incoming? I'm being told that others can barely hear me when I talk, but I am receiving transmissions from everyone else quite loud. How does one fix just the output?

move the mic closer to you mouth. The foam should be touching your lips...

Old 09-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Cris Swift
Stage II
Default CB Volume

Thanks Photorider. I have done that. Not sure what else I can do now. The headset is new, and I hear very clearly on it. But I guess I need to shout then. LOL.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Michael Panzegraf
Stage II
Default CB use

I too have had problems with the CB. One thing that really matters is the boom mic position. It has a white dot indicatimg the proper position of the mic. If this is not facing your mouth it decreases the output volume drastically. The other thing I had problems with is the seven pin plug. It is real easy to push it into the connection incorrectly. Nothing more frustating than the BOB able to talk and you not able. Oh well, she sounds better than me anyway.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:34 PM
ben8ent
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cris Swift

Check to make sure the tiny holes on the mike (under the foam) are pointed towards your mouth. Sometimes the mike gets twisted and pointed in the direction of your windshield.