Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Management System

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 06:59 AM
t059736
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Fuel Management System

Good morning; guys.

Before I ask my question - just wanted to thank those that write posts which identify newer and in many cases much better hardware and electronics for our scooters.

I had thought about purchasing a PC111 from FuelMoto for my '06-103 cu in/EFI.
I read one post; with included several responses, from a fellow rider unable to sell his PC111.
In the responses there were references to a ThunderMax FMS. After reading a little about that system it seems to be much more advanced although much more expensive.

So my question is - for those who have had experience with these systems - What Fuel Management Systems would you recommend and how would your systems compare with the ThunderMax?

Thanks in advance......

Ride In Peace

Old 03-16-2011, 07:09 AM
VTGlideRider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PC-V was the way to go for me. Smaller than the PC III, able to accept two maps you can switch back and forth between, and has the option to add auto tune should I ever lose my mind in the future and do more than a stage 1.

I got it from FuelMoto with the map for my configuration already installed. If I ever need a new map Jaime and company will send over a new one. Can't ask for much more at a decent price.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:36 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Thundermax has to be reset every time you disconnect the power. It does not lose the map but you have to go through a process to re-enable it (something like that).

I tried the PCV, I couldn't get the right map or a good dyno. A lot of people are happy with them, good luck getting it dialed in.

I ended up with the TTS Mastertune. I only got 2000 miles on the bike before I hand to put it away for the winter, but I liked it a lot.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:39 AM
JoeTag
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I am not very mechanically inclined so I decided to install the Thundermax with autotune. Expensive but I can tell you that the bike is running great.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Phat09flhx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd get on Fuel Moto web site, if I'm not mistaked they offer a retro fit PCV for some of the older models, If not I'd ask them their input. There are always gonna be some bad units getting out the door. Thats the issue I don't think many people take into consideration is that at some point humans have their hands in on everything and we're not perfect and we all make mistakes.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:39 PM
upstate tim
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I put on a PCIII last year. Set it and forget it. No plans to go past stage 1. No experience with other units.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:41 PM
kbktulsa
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Revolution Performance EMS, hook it up send them your bikes brain, they reprogram it, send it right back and then just ride. you can make any changes you want, up to 20 % larger in displacement and have to do nothing other than just turn bike on and off 4 times for it to reset itself and then ride.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Tailgunr
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the TMax on my 08 Glide 2 weeks ago. After boring, pistons, heads and cam. The TMax is a great product have logged about 300 already. It's so simple to install and it's quick to learn the best offsets for bang on AFR's. You wont be disappointed. As for the reset concern if you ever have to disconnect the battery simply pull the ECM fuse first, disconnect and after reconnect replace the ECM fuse. Then cycle the power/run switches on/off once and your back up and running. Zippers/ThunderHart have made a great product!!!