Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road glide ultra our cvo

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 06:31 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,144 Likes on 3,668 Posts

Originally Posted by grw
I rode the RG CVO a few weeks back and the next day my buddie went down and traded his Heritage in on it. That was the only CVO in stock so I took a Roadglide Ultra out fior a test ride. Not even close to the CVO. If you got the money, go for the CVO. I've got over $30K in my limited and it's still not even close to a CVO.
Not close in what way??? Motor...The dealer can make that motor as good or better for a lot less than 10 grand. I will agree it's nice but $10k nice??? to each there own i guess...It has to be a personnal choice made by the pending owner.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:38 AM
KahunaJim
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I got the Ultra but for 10k I couldn't put everything on it the CVO has not to mention the custom paint. Sure I could more personalize it for 10k but as a previous poster mentioned that wouldn't be worth what a CVO would be if ya got rid of it

Old 03-15-2011, 07:51 AM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IMO there are basically 2 types of people, those that can afford the CVO and those that cant. Those that can buy it, and those that cant make excuses for why they dont buy it.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I have more money in mine than a CVO costs. But then they didn't make a CVO Street Glide when I bought mine or I would have bought one.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:58 AM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,305 Likes on 1,344 Posts

I get to comment. I have a 2010 road glide that is a home made road glide ultra. Custom paint and wheels. 204SE cam. Stereo upgrade and and navigation equals more than the cost of CVO road glide, but I didn't know it was in the works at harley. I had the green and black cvo ultra 06 model and thought it was beautiful. Never saw another cvo ultra that I really liked until until last week. My friend took delivery on the latest cvo edition ultra. It was beautiful and tastefully blacked out. I am not a huge black out fan, but that is just personal. I have never seen the blacked out cvo ultra. I think the cvo is good value if you got the money and like the paint. The problems with the 110 seem to be corrected. Also, I am not very bright on engines, but the 110 out of the factory is not special, not that any of the harley engines are, but they are not torque monsters.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Kowalski
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like my CVO so far, this is my first new bike...i looked at the RGU..but i went with the CVO...paint, navi, heated seats & grips, IPOD hook up, chrome, 110 motor(hope its a good one),wheels...time you do custom paint, engine , wheels, chrome, and other stuff you would probably have 10 grand more in it and like a previous post said it will probably hold its value better than adding on stuff as you go along......

Old 03-15-2011, 11:15 AM
confused
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beyond the "looking" part of a CVO what does one get "inside"
SE Compensator???
SE Clutch????
Do you get all the SE internal parts as well?
I know people say they have made their own Ultra or RG into a CVO, but have they added the "inside" parts?

I am struggling with the same $$$ amount myself.
I have an 08 Ultra with added Cams and extra stuff and my bike has power and works for me. However I like the added items with the CVO, but for those $$$$????

I was at Daytona last week and noticed that the new GW and BMW have intergrated GPS, 160 HP, etc.... They are at $25k for their top of the line bikes. The GW with airbag is at $29K. I know I know my point is that is a Harley's CVO, with a 110 motor, clip on outdated GPS worth the price of addmission. Yes if people are willing to pay that much then they can sell it at that price. Just wondering how long can they comtinue to keep it up.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:46 AM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,305 Likes on 1,344 Posts

If harley would have offered the cvo road glide in 2010 I probably would have purchased one. At 6'2", the gold wing is not comfortable. I have never ridden a BMW, but it doesn't do it for me. I have bought into the harley mistique.