Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide headlight bulb replacment....how to??

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Bdhouse61
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by marvincbr
If I am not mistaken, you need to take the outer fairing off to get to the back side of the adjustment screws to release them so the headlight housing comes free. The reflectors are mounted to the back of the housing. The 2010 model changed that, the reflectors mount to the front of the housing and it uses shorter adjustment screws since the housing sits further back into the fairing. With this set up, you can change bulbs by removing the bezel and unscrewing the four screws that mount the reflector to the housing and get to the bulbs. I just installed the 2010 headlight housing in my 07 for just this reason, I thought it was ridiculous that I needed to pull my outer fairing off to change the bulbs. I think any model before 2010 the bulb housing/reflector is mounted to the back side of the housing. One other thing I did, which I saw somewhere here on the forum, was to drill a hole in the housing where the top adjusting screw mounts and cut a slot in the ball head of the screw. Now I can adjust the top screw with a screwdriver by only removing the bezel and still adjust the two bottom screws from the lower back side of the inner fairing. Hope this helps some...

Marvin..........I might be doing also, its ridiculous to have to remove your outer fairing to replace a bulb ......and stiggy, I couldn't agree more!!