Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not enough lean??????

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 11:15 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Understood. Didn't mean to imply otherwise.

I've been bit so many times with little surprises like that, that I'm to the point of allowing extra bucks whenever planning a project. Expect the unexpected. LOL
That's what I do to and I don't blame anyone but myself when something doesn't go as I thought it would. If the dealer or whoever screws up installing something, their bad, but if I planned poorly, my bad. I don't expect anyone to do my thinking for me and if I didn't ask them the right questions, it's my fault not theirs.

Old 03-13-2011, 02:38 PM
BigBrainBob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roadking2000
You're wrong about that. It is noted right at the bottom of the page in the accesssories and parts book with a warning sign in front of it. I'm sitting here looking at it right now. There are plenty of warnings about different products on many of the pages. You just need to look.
Hey all, my big big BAD, it IS in the parts book down at the bottom like a few pointed out. Even though I'm currently trying to get both my big feet out of my mouth, the MoCo is sending me one of the older brackets and seems to be aware of the conditions still, so thanks to all for pointing out some things I didn't see, and yes you modify and thing do happen, this wasn't a mod to put a 30" on the front, just needed to get both feet out of my mouth and flat on the ground LOL, it all good and thanks to all.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:27 PM
speadfreak1
Cruiser

BigBrain -

You mentioned "older brackets".... do you have a p/n? I too have too little lean since lowering my bike. I've lived with it this year hoping that the aftermarket would come up with a solution. Per the other responses on older bikes, the wedge kit worked great for me in the past - not for the new chassis.

Thanks!

Old 03-13-2011, 05:52 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

there was a service bulletin on this. it states that when you lower your suspension, you need to remove your jiffy stand from the left side of your bike and reinstall it on the right side. the place where it bolts onto the right side of the bike provides a better lean angle if the suspension is lowered. i'm surprised that they didn't tell you that when you bought it. yep it's all harley's fault. give them another call to complain, they need a good laugh.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:25 PM
BigBrainBob
Advanced

Originally Posted by speadfreak1
BigBrain -

You mentioned "older brackets".... do you have a p/n? I too have too little lean since lowering my bike. I've lived with it this year hoping that the aftermarket would come up with a solution. Per the other responses on older bikes, the wedge kit worked great for me in the past - not for the new chassis.

Thanks!
Speed, the part number is 50078-09, but it's no longer listed so you can't order it nor buy it. I called the HD service line and someone had some or one, I'm not sure.

But this was something I was thinking about doing, the only difference in the brackets was that the old bracket was 1/8" difference in the slot where the kickstand travels, seems as if you could get someone to grind it back that distance. I'm told that the 1/8" difference comes out to about 1 1/2" travel with the stand on the other end which would increase your lean angle, but don't quote me on that, I've made enough errors on this already LOL.

If you go do a Google search on 09 jiffy stand and follow those treads, you'll find a side by side comparison.

Hope this helps, it's been a journey for me, will let you and all know if the older bracket will do the trick.

You may get the picture

Attached Thumbnails Not enough lean??????-img_0773.jpg  
Old 03-14-2011, 06:36 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BigBrainBob
Hey all, my big big BAD, it IS in the parts book down at the bottom like a few pointed out. Even though I'm currently trying to get both my big feet out of my mouth, the MoCo is sending me one of the older brackets and seems to be aware of the conditions still, so thanks to all for pointing out some things I didn't see, and yes you modify and thing do happen, this wasn't a mod to put a 30" on the front, just needed to get both feet out of my mouth and flat on the ground LOL, it all good and thanks to all.
Props to you BBB, not many will come back and admit they may have said something wrong. Hats off!!

Old 03-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBrainBob
You took everybody's criticism well. You apparently have thick enough skin to do well here. LOL

Glad you found a possible solution. Let us know how it works out.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:07 PM
BigBrainBob
Advanced

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
You took everybody's criticism well. You apparently have thick enough skin to do well here. LOL

Glad you found a possible solution. Let us know how it works out.
LOL, it's all good, just words and a little good advice never hurts. If it hurts, you had open wounds in the beginning that need to be taken care of.

Will let all know the outcome.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:15 AM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 192 Posts

Why should MOCO fix your problem??????? You did the mods. Buy another kickstand.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:51 PM
BigBrainBob
Advanced

Originally Posted by 103 sedona orange
Why should MOCO fix your problem??????? You did the mods. Buy another kickstand.
Duh, you're coming in kind of late on this thread, it's been solved by the MoCo.

Quick Reply: Not enough lean??????