Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake light modules

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 05:43 AM
joeg2246
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brake light modules

I am going to Daytona tomorrow to purchase a brake light module for my 2010 Street Glide. I have 2 in mind, they are both made by "Back Off". They have a model that you just wire into the brake light wiring and then they have another model that also is wired into the speed sensor. One just works off the foot and hand brake action and the other one actually uses the deccelerating and accelerating.

If any of you guys have experience with these 2 models let me know.

Thanks,
Joe

Old 03-10-2011, 06:12 AM
6rulz
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra brake light

I bought the hd streetglide kit that turns the rear light on the bottom of the fender into a brake light and running light. Was fairly easy to put on and makes for a nice clean look. You have to make sure you get the right one. There is a different one for the 2010 model. I really like it.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:41 AM
joeg2246
Advanced

I got that kit too. I just want to get more visibility during braking conditions for SAFETY...!!!
people don't watch out for us.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:12 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

I have the HD module that transformed my turn signals into running lights and brake lights.
I tweaked it to eliminate the running lights because switching from running light to brake light was not noticeable enough. I followed my bike one day after swapping bikes with a friend and came to this conclusion. Several guys I know have done the same thing.
I have running lights on the back of the TourPak so I'm visible enough when I move. When I brake or when I turn, I want the guy following me to notice it. Nothing is more visible than 2 lights turning red. More intensity doesn't cut it, IMO, especially in daylight.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:49 AM
joeg2246
Advanced

I don't want to add any additional hardware to the bike that I'd why I was going with the module type units. I was thinking the flashing sequences would get someones attention while I am decelerating. The brake hold module uses the speed sensor to determine whether you are stopping or moving forward. Once you start your braking it will start the flashing sequence and continue it until you acellerate forward. It even continues the flashing while your hands and feet are off the brake actuator's.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:55 AM
luvmussel
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BAL-1... Bright A$$ Light http://brightasslights.com/ you might see them down there...

Old 03-10-2011, 08:59 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 6rulz
I bought the hd streetglide kit that turns the rear light on the bottom of the fender into a brake light and running light. Was fairly easy to put on and makes for a nice clean look. You have to make sure you get the right one. There is a different one for the 2010 model. I really like it.
That's what I have as well.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:02 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
I have the HD module that transformed my turn signals into running lights and brake lights.
I tweaked it to eliminate the running lights because switching from running light to brake light was not noticeable enough. I followed my bike one day after swapping bikes with a friend and came to this conclusion. Several guys I know have done the same thing.
I have running lights on the back of the TourPak so I'm visible enough when I move. When I brake or when I turn, I want the guy following me to notice it. Nothing is more visible than 2 lights turning red. More intensity doesn't cut it, IMO, especially in daylight.
I have the HD LED turn signals that work as brake and run and i'm very pleased with them.My Bro-inlaw has the HD module and I'm wondering how you tweaked yours to improve it.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:17 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dansflhti
I have the HD LED turn signals that work as brake and run and i'm very pleased with them.My Bro-inlaw has the HD module and I'm wondering how you tweaked yours to improve it.
Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the instructions with pictures

Old 03-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Rustell
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I use a Hyperlites kit...2 flashing Leds on either side
of the license plate.They flash for about 5 seconds then
go solid when you apply the brakes.

http://hyperlites.com/

Quick Reply: Brake light modules