Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake light modules

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 01:18 PM
tallj2000
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the one that you wire in to the brake light. It blinks two or three times then holds steady for three seconds and repeats. I ended up taking it off. It was on the bike when I bought it and I installed the Harley led turn signals. It caused the led turn signals to blink when I hit the brakes so I removed it. It works great and does a good job. I have had people notice it and back off when I hit the brakes. Before I installed the leds I had the turn/run/brake module installed with it and it works great together.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Grillfish
Road Captain

I had the basic non-LED Back-Off that you wire in-line into the brake wire. Easy install and worked as stated. I looked at the electrical diagram, found the brake wire and wired it from the wire harness that comes up under the seat/rear fender. Then mounted the modulator under the seat. I did end up taking it off and got myself a BAL. So much better.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:22 AM
joeg2246
Advanced

I can't go with the brightass lights route due to having a 2010 Street Glide and I do not have that taillight assembly.

I got the Backoff Brake Hold Module in the mail yesterday and am going to install it tonight. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

This install uses the speed sensor line and I have my service manual out now trying to figure out where I am going to tap into that wire.
If any of you know where that might be let me know.

Joe

Old 03-25-2011, 06:58 AM
SBW Cycles
Cruiser

I have the Kuryakyn pulsating one that plugs into the rear harness on my 04 FLHT. Only thing it you have to purchase the two lesnes seperately. You can get them from Custom Dynamics for like $3 a piece. I also have have my rear running light wired to operate with the brake light too.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:07 AM
joeg2246
Advanced
Default Speed Sensor Wire

I have to tap into the speed sensor wire on my 2010 Streetglide and was wondering if anyone could tell me if I will have access to that particular wire under my seat?

Joe

Old 03-25-2011, 01:01 PM
zproud
Cruiser

I have the Kuryakyn pulsating one that plugs into the rear harness on my 04 FLHT. Only thing it you have to purchase the two lesnes seperately. You can get them from Custom Dynamics for like $3 a piece. I also have have my rear running light wired to operate with the brake light too.

I got the same kit, 08 RK, went to Harley to get the two red lights for less than $5.00

Old 03-25-2011, 07:48 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I'm using a Back-Off on the Night Train. I spliced into the load equalizer harness and have it set to flash 5 times before going solid. Great upgrade and easy install.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:54 PM
dkcollier
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone completed the BACKOFF BRAKE HOLD MODULE. I found the VSS connector under the starter ('012 RGC w/ABS) and it lead near the battery box. Manufacture claims I need to put a 300-400 ohm resistor where you cut the original brake wire. I tried 300 and the brake lights stay on all the time. Any advise?

Old 11-29-2011, 06:01 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

I prefer a module that plugs right into the factory connectors. The days of splicing into existing wiring is antiquated and not optimum. Unless Back Off has gone 'plug and play' it needs to be spliced into existing wiring...forget that!

Old 11-29-2011, 06:03 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by SBW Cycles
I bought the Bandlander kit that includes two red OEM replacement lens covers...how simple can you get.

Quick Reply: Brake light modules