Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Seat Choices?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 10:53 AM
MADHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mustang Seat Follow-up

Follow-up:
I received the Lowdown seat (p/n 79653) yesterday. Of course I installed it last night, wouldn’t you? I rode in to work this morning (25 miles) so I could test it out.

Positive feedback:
1) It definitely did the job of dropping me down the 1.5” (as advertised). I feel more flat footed when I stop, just what I was looking for.
2) It pulls me forward somewhat, feels like an inch or so. For shorter people this is another +.
3) The backrest feels nice. It does adjust up/down and can adjust forward/back.
4) Overall comfort feels nice; however just installing it I haven’t had the chance for a long ride yet.

Other comments:
1) Once you remove the seat you can expect some scuffs on the fuel tank, since this seat is narrower it doesn’t cover the exact same space as the oem seat. Anyone know a good product to fix this, besides repainting?
2) In the middle of the seat (where the passenger meets the rider portion) it sort of curves in so it shows more of the frame area. Not a real big deal.
3) I’ll need to replace the windshield, from 12” to 9" (if I want to see over the top).
4) Overall, this seat appears to be a good choice for the height challenged person. If you’re like me (5’ 8” / 29” inseam) you will love the difference it makes.
5) I guess I really don’t need to consider a lowering kit or the progressive 940 shock anymore. I was looking for an excuse to get the shocks, oh well really didn’t need to spend the cash anyway.

Edit: the seat material seems more "sticky" you don't slide around on it.

Attached Thumbnails Mustang Seat Choices?-lowdown-1.jpg   Mustang Seat Choices?-lowdown-2.jpg  

Last edited by MADHOG; 04-20-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Paco001
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mustang motorcycle heated seat 79646

<H1>Just ordered the Mustang Heated seat 79646 for my 2010CVO Ultra and can't wait to get it. I picked it up on Ebay from Riders Discount at an amazing price. If you mention HD form you get a really good discount. Seat was 675.00 but after I mentioned HD Forum I got it for apx. 560.00 Mustang has them at apx 800.00. So if you ever order anything from Riders Discount dont forget to mention the forum. Price with express delivery(75.00)was under the 675.00 asking price.Now I can't wait to get it... I have the HD original heated seat but at 5'9" and a 31" inseam the seat is way to wide at the front for me to touch the ground, Bought the HD reach seat but the wife hates it as it is really uncomfortable for her..Hope she likes this one.

</H1>

Old 05-03-2013, 08:02 AM
B.K.
Road Master
Received 295 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by MADHOG
Follow-up:
I received the Lowdown seat (p/n 79653) yesterday. Of course I installed it last night, wouldn’t you? I rode in to work this morning (25 miles) so I could test it out.

Positive feedback:
1) It definitely did the job of dropping me down the 1.5” (as advertised). I feel more flat footed when I stop, just what I was looking for.
2) It pulls me forward somewhat, feels like an inch or so. For shorter people this is another +.
3) The backrest feels nice. It does adjust up/down and can adjust forward/back.
4) Overall comfort feels nice; however just installing it I haven’t had the chance for a long ride yet.

Other comments:
1) Once you remove the seat you can expect some scuffs on the fuel tank, since this seat is narrower it doesn’t cover the exact same space as the oem seat. Anyone know a good product to fix this, besides repainting?
2) In the middle of the seat (where the passenger meets the rider portion) it sort of curves in so it shows more of the frame area. Not a real big deal.
3) I’ll need to replace the windshield, from 12” to 9" (if I want to see over the top).
4) Overall, this seat appears to be a good choice for the height challenged person. If you’re like me (5’ 8” / 29” inseam) you will love the difference it makes.
5) I guess I really don’t need to consider a lowering kit or the progressive 940 shock anymore. I was looking for an excuse to get the shocks, oh well really didn’t need to spend the cash anyway.

Edit: the seat material seems more "sticky" you don't slide around on it.
Thanks for the review. Been looking for one and was wondering if it would be a good fit. We are about the same height, so I guess it'll work.