Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blacked out parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011 | 03:14 AM
Mcook7373
|
Advanced
Default Blacked out parts

This may have been a costly change in mindset but we will see. How much would it cost to have oem Harley shiters and brake levers along with Willie G timer cover derby cover and air cleaner cover stripped of chrome and the painted or powder coated flat black? I'm kind of over the whole chrome look on my bike and think flat black on my white denim would look cool! Any thoughts?

Old 03-09-2011 | 03:44 AM
Rooster37
Road Master

It would be different on the bike. I have never seen one done up like that. Look forward to seeing some pics. I have chose to go with some black pieces and keep the chrome to a min. As long as you like it, that is all that matters

Old 03-09-2011 | 03:52 AM
Bait56
Club Member
Veteran: Army

Powder coating is realatively inexpensive. The actual powder coating on all my parts was $500.00.

Old 03-09-2011 | 05:46 AM
durtyburt
Tourer

Another option is to look on E-bay, there's couple people on there who sell parts already coated. $ are usually pretty reasonable, I've had good luck w/ 1 vendor on there, bought set of engine covers 4 my 05 RK at decent price, no down time & he does good work, never had a problem.

Old 03-09-2011 | 06:16 AM
Lancemchn
Road Master

Originally Posted by Mcook7373
This may have been a costly change in mindset but we will see. How much would it cost to have oem Harley shiters and brake levers along with Willie G timer cover derby cover and air cleaner cover stripped of chrome and the painted or powder coated flat black? I'm kind of over the whole chrome look on my bike and think flat black on my white denim would look cool! Any thoughts?
I did my entire bike for $700. Depends on the powdercoater, they vary in price. For what you want done should be $100-$150. There's a guy on eBay that is reasonable and does quality work. (User ID voodo041672) You could always buy the parts done and sell yours. Makes it much less expensive.

Old 03-09-2011 | 07:50 AM
durtyburt
Tourer

Landemchn,that's the vendor I've used several times ,highly recommended has an excellent feedback rating.

Old 03-09-2011 | 08:00 AM
SCJE8
Club Member

These guys are right...powdercoating is basically inexpensive and depends on the company you deal with as far as price.

I just picked up 67 parts (a lot of screws, bolts, washers, floorboard pans, shift lever, brake lever, jiffy stand bracket, shift rod and a bunch of other 'little things') from my powdercoater yesterday. It was a little of $400.00 for the lot...but keep in mind that the smaller parts are harder to handle and require more work. I also had him ceramic coat my front rotors a flat black. Man...they look great! His work is excellent and the warranty can't be beat. Everything was wrapped and I couldn't check everything out when I picked them up. He told me to inspect everything when I got home over the next few days and if I was unhappy about anything bring it back and they will reshoot it.

I haven't installed anything yet but I'm thinking it's going to look pretty darn good!

Good luck!

Steve

Old 03-09-2011 | 08:02 AM
PaulWall725
Intermediate

It would look freakin' sweet! Here's a link to one done similar to that...

http://www.baddad.com/baggers/bike/83

Old 03-09-2011 | 02:25 PM
1HD2NV
Road Captain

I've got about a grand in mine. I would think you are looking at no more than $100 for what you have listed.

Old 03-09-2011 | 03:44 PM
kamut
Tourer

Joe, the Powder Pro, is a site sponsor. He posts a lot on the Dyna forum. He gets a lot of good reviews on this site from people who have sent him parts in the mail in terms of quality work at a reasonable price.

Quick Reply: Blacked out parts