Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some feedback

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011 | 01:45 PM
BadX
|
Elite HDF Member
Default Need some feedback

Finally got the bag liners the way I want them. We have been so busy at the shop I haven't had time to work on them and when I would set a side time my set a side time would get whammied but I told the guys last week that Monday and Tuesday was going to be my days and leave me alone. Yesteray and today I fninalized the bag and lid liners and very happy with the outcome. I listened to some feedback from people who had seen them in person and on the forum here is what the liners look like.

Lid all black

Bag all black

Lid red with black trim

Colors available will be Red, Black, Blue and Orange.

Give me some feedback guys.

Old 03-08-2011 | 01:56 PM
KING'S RIDE
Tourer

is that crushed velvet?? damn thats some sexy *** ****.

the red is a little much. maybe if you had some custom stitching on the lid or some kind of insert.

but for a first go round you got some good looking stuff there. i could see some nice baggers rocking those. then with cuttouts for 6x9's and other custom applications. better start mass producing and taking custom orders now because it won't be long before others are copying what you are doing here.

job well done.

on a side note i almost had my bag liners done to match a black and white plaid and crushed velvet ligning i did in my helmet. glad you had the sense to follow through on what i thought was just a good idea.

Old 03-08-2011 | 01:59 PM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior

Very nice. What do you think the cost would be for black shipped to Illinois?

Old 03-08-2011 | 03:54 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

Looks good Allen. Have you tried to put a set of the HD soft luggage liners in? I'm curious if the material thickness of your liners will cause any fitment issues with a loaded up bag?

Zach

Old 03-08-2011 | 05:27 PM
BadX
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Biggzed
Looks good Allen. Have you tried to put a set of the HD soft luggage liners in? I'm curious if the material thickness of your liners will cause any fitment issues with a loaded up bag?

Zach

No I haven't but that is the very reason I designed these to be removable so you can take the bag liners out when you want to use the luggage liners.

Old 03-08-2011 | 05:30 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member

..."saddle-caskets"...the red one made me think of a casket!..the black ones are ok though...

Old 03-08-2011 | 06:02 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by BadX
No I haven't but that is the very reason I designed these to be removable so you can take the bag liners out when you want to use the luggage liners.
Ideally I would like to use both because I want to use your liners to protect/keep my speaker wire in place, but still be able to yank my "luggage" when I'm done riding for the day on a road trip. What is the final thickness of the material you are using? I can do some quick measurements on the bag luggage and make an educated guess on the fitment. I think it's going to work and they look great.

Zach

Old 03-08-2011 | 07:08 PM
madchad
Advanced

funny, I thought about a casket when I first saw the pics also, but they look very comfy!!!

Old 03-10-2011 | 03:39 AM
BadX
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Biggzed
Ideally I would like to use both because I want to use your liners to protect/keep my speaker wire in place, but still be able to yank my "luggage" when I'm done riding for the day on a road trip. What is the final thickness of the material you are using? I can do some quick measurements on the bag luggage and make an educated guess on the fitment. I think it's going to work and they look great.

Zach

The liners are padded, both lid and bags. The thickness of them is a 1/4". I do not see a problem using the removable luggage bags but I do not think a overstuff luggage bag will go in them that well because they are not slick like the stock plastic bag is.

Old 03-10-2011 | 04:12 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member

What is the price, Allen?
You've yet to post up a price.

Side note...we've been getting hammered with rain here in Knoxville for a couple weeks.
Still haven't been able to log any miles on my seat.
I'll let you know my thoughts when I do.

Quick Reply: Need some feedback