Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jiffy (kick) Stand weight limit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Kevinm40
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jiffy (kick) Stand weight limit?

What's the weight limit of a Jiffy Stand? I know it'll hold a 1000# bagger but how much more can it stand?

Thanks

Old 03-06-2011, 12:38 PM
soulpony
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recall a thread sometime back with pretty much the same question, myself not sure of the limits but with age catching up to me I stand on the left floor board to get my right leg over the seat, never had a problem.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Lancemchn
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know exact weight limits but my wife and I (~350 lbs.) can sit on it at a standstill totally loaded with tourpak and all and it doesn't flex at all.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevinm40
What's the weight limit of a Jiffy Stand? I know it'll hold a 1000# bagger but how much more can it stand?

Thanks
Would'nt worry about the weight limit. I used to carry a Army duffle bag, filled with everything I used on My 67FL (Pictured below) Road Trips. That duffle bag was so heavy I struggled with it, and usally just dragged it into motel rooms back in the 70's. The point is, never had a problem with the jiffy stand supporting it's weight ( around 250 lb) and mine while on the stand. The Jiffy stands in those day's are almost Idenical to the one's HD uses nowadays.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:32 PM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dionicio ... Love the photo of you and your partner with the bike ..... i know everyone is trying to be in the zone time wise by building these types now but it's just that bit special when someone is on the forum who happened to be in the picture with their bike ..... a bit like American Graffiti for bikes !... thanks for sharing

Old 03-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't know if the MoCo or anybody else has ever tested the Jiffy Stand to see how much weight it will take to break it, But I'll bet if you set the Jiffy stand on a scale, the bike would actually be caring two thirds the weight. I don't like to sit on my bike with the lean angle on the Jiffy stand. I have stood beside and sit on the seat. So you can't use the term 1000 lb bike sitting on the jiffy stand. Most of the weight is still going to be on the wheels. IMO

Old 03-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skulltrainharley
Dionicio ... Love the photo of you and your partner with the bike ..... i know everyone is trying to be in the zone time wise by building these types now but it's just that bit special when someone is on the forum who happened to be in the picture with their bike ..... a bit like American Graffiti for bikes !... thanks for sharing
Thank You! I think that pic was taken about 3am, was'nt feeling no pain at the time. lol. Hell, that was more than 40yrs ago! Don't do that stuff No More! (Ride Clean and Sober Nowaday's)

Last edited by Dionicio; 03-06-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I have seen a guy at the dealer put the stand down on an Ultra , and spin the bike 180* on the stand without anything else touching the ground.
So the stand will hold 900 pounds, or so.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:31 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually I'm curious what you plan on doing with kick stand down and the bike leaning?????

Old 03-06-2011, 03:56 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BBStacker
Actually I'm curious what you plan on doing with kick stand down and the bike leaning?????
8===D - - - (o)

Quick Reply: Jiffy (kick) Stand weight limit?