Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

older kendon trailers

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 10:19 PM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default older kendon trailers

A buddy and me picked up an older kendon trailer. Ok shape, but got it real cheap. It has the older square frame and rails. Has anyone put wheel chocks on an older one cause it would be nice to be able to stand bike up to tie it down. Looked at kendon website and they sell chocks but dont know if they fit and they look expensive. Are there any other options out there. We loaded one bike on it for a test spin, towed nice, but not sure if it will fit two baggers with fairings. Anyone tow two baggers on these older trailers. Thanks

Old 03-05-2011, 10:29 PM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I had the old style, I liked it better and felt it was lighter. You can order the "older" style wheel chocks from kenden, they aren;t too much and worth the money. As for loading two batwing bikes, it can be done, just lean them out a little and if you have the OEM mirrors, fold them in. I trailer 2 ultras from NY to Sturgis and back damage free. Now I have the newer style and find it much heavier to stand up. Good luck with it and PAINT IT... Kenden paint jobs SUCK

Old 03-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Double
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HDJim is right,the paint does suck on the older ones, lol. I had one as well and it will fit two baggers but it's tight so you do have to be careful. They pull great and are a nice trailer though, congrats the find.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:38 AM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why not just call Kendon and ask them. Doesn't cost anything to ask.

Have a newer one, 06 and fits 2 baggers with no problems at all. Weighs between 350 & 400 I think.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:53 AM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was planning on contacting them on Monday. But was also asking people if they have used any other wheel chocks with the those trailers plus their experience loading two baggers, but thanks

Old 03-16-2011, 09:16 PM
Aaron 09FXDB
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jackinthebox
I was planning on contacting them on Monday. But was also asking people if they have used any other wheel chocks with the those trailers plus their experience loading two baggers, but thanks

I have the OLD style Kendon trailer. And actually ordered the "retro" fit wheel chock about 2 weeks ago. I have it now. Pretty easy installation. You have to drill a few holes, but it comes with the templates. I think it was about $150, but its a nice chock and makes loading much easier.

They also make a crank tongue jack for the newer models. It doesn't "bolt" up to the older style. But I just bought that today over the phone. I plan on having someone make me a bracket so I can attach it.

Right now, my biggest concern with my "old-style" one is tire clearance. I put new tires on it....and my side walls on the side are VERY close. The clearance on top is about 1/4" which kendon says is ok. But they recommend 1/2" on the inside fender support brace to account for any chance of side wall flex of the tire. I am at about 1/8" which is not good. Looks like I'm going to have to do some work on it.