Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearview windshield for roadglide, any using one?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 03:01 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Clearview windshield for roadglide, any using one?

Stock Windshield is a little tall for my taste, clearview has a 1inch under, that sounds good, comes with new not falling out rubber piece and new well nuts, anybody using one of these, the model is GT-Small? Not interested in those cheap shields, got a 10" smoke and its ok, but its thinner than stock so no way the rubber gasket is going to stay on and the holes are bigger so the washers slip thru.

Old 10-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Rocket Jockey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Clearview windshield for roadglide, any using one?

Gunrunner,
I have the Clearview 9" tinted on my RG. It is very high quality, thicker than stock and the well nuts are a big improvement over stock. I also have the Euro-Lip on mine. The lip supposedly adds 2" of air lift so the 9" acts like an 11" plus it just looks good. I have the stock shield, the HD short opaque black and the Clearview. I run the Clearview all the time. It gives me just the right amount of protection and I still get the wind in the hair and the look I like....not the hair, the bike!!

I would buy a Clearview again without hesitation.

RJ

Old 10-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Agree! I run the GT Medium and it is perfect for my line-of-sight.....2" over. Excellent quality. The well nuts they provide didn't seem any different than the ones HD uses.....both fine. My only option was the smoke tint.....and I believe the flare at the top of the shield is part of the design, not an option.
Good people, good service, great product. Im most pleased with mine.

Old 10-11-2006, 04:53 PM
dc1450
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm running the stock height Clearview with the vent and it the cat's a$$, go ahead and get it you'll love it.

DC

Old 10-11-2006, 05:20 PM
IndyBill628
Novice

I just put the 1" shorter than stock on mine a love it. I like to look over the top and it lets me do this without more air in the face. I can still wear a baseball cap until about 70mph. Mine is tinted also

Bill

Old 10-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Inforit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You guys mind letting me know your height? And the height of the windshield you guys bought for future reference.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:03 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure about the roadking. but stock hieght for newer roadglides is 16.5 total, or 15&3/4 measured from top center to center of middle mount hole. Just ordered the Gt-small, grey tint, the top recurve shape is standard on all clearviews, this is said by John to be line of sight 1 inch lower than stock, and its a little longer on the sides and slopes back more than stock, 3 weeks est of delivery, but im sure it will be worth it.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Hollywood
Banned

Gunrunner - I believe we have the same bike, 07 pewter pearl roadglide. I have the GT small tinted on my bike. For me it works great and the color of the shield looks great on the pewter pearl. I'm 6'4' and the shield gives me just the right combination of view over the shield and the wind protection is either equal or better than stock shield.

I should also mention that I don't use the stock RG seat. I find that it sits me to high up and pushes me to close up front. I use the Harley Rallyrunner seat which sits me lower and further away. For my height it works perfect with the GT tinted small Clearview.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check my sig for a pic of mine. Mine is +2" and clear, non-vented. Clearview will ask your height & inseam and make a recommendation as to what size you need. They are fabulous to work with. The only negative I have is that the shield is wider than stock (a good thing, since I'm wider than stock too) and my mirror stems contact the side of the shield when turned all the way to the stops.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Hollywood
Banned

BG Weasel - I had the same issue with the mirror stem. With me it was because I had originaly pushed my handle bars a little further forward due to long arms. I fixed just by slightly adjusting the handlebars a little closer to me until the stems don't touch when fully turned in the locked position.

Quick Reply: Clearview windshield for roadglide, any using one?