Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lemon Pledge

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011 | 02:32 PM
SoonerSoftail
Road Master

I don't care what's in it. It's cheap compared to the "specially for motorcycles" stuff and it works. The chrome and paint shine. And even better to me, the windshield is clear and when bugs do hit it they wipe off easily. Pledge is the best as far as I'm concerned. And BTW, I was a hard convert. For some time I was on the "I'm not using furniture polish on my bike" group. I hate to admit when I'm wrong but I had to in this case.

Old 03-04-2011 | 03:46 PM
dhubley
Cruiser

I use it all the time and never had an issue with smudges or streaks. As others have said use sparingly and spray on a microfiber cloth not directly on the paint.

I use it on leather, paint, chrome, windshield, seat... everything that does not move. Have used it for years with no problems.

Old 03-04-2011 | 04:02 PM
mphamrick
Road Warrior

I just got finished cleaning my bike and yes I used the lemon pledge and it smells good also. The stuff is cheap so just spray a little bit on a fine cloth and just try it on a spot, then wipe it off. When you rub your finger across it you will tell the difference. On the inside of my batwing where the black is fading I used a can of Pig Spit did the same thing sprayed it on the rag and wiped, my black turning gray is now black again....

Old 03-04-2011 | 04:04 PM
Motorcop540
Advanced

It cleans up leather gear really nicely too and with little effort. I wear motor boots for work. Once I put a nice shine on them with boot wax, I can shine them up for months using Pledge and a soft cloth between boot wax applications. They shine like I just waxed them again.

Old 03-04-2011 | 04:17 PM
DWhite
Tourer

I use the orange pledge

Old 03-04-2011 | 07:00 PM
Jerm21
Tourer

I use it as well. It's super for cleaning the windshield and makes the inner fairing look showroom new. It works well for everything else too.

Like some others have said, when I first came to this forum and saw myfirst lemon pledge thread, I thought those guys were nuts. But after a while, I tried it on the windshield and it was like magic… I was officially a convert.

- Jerm

Old 03-04-2011 | 07:26 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Boy ..... ain't that the truth!

Old 03-04-2011 | 11:50 PM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior

There are guys that have been using Pledge for 30+ years on their bikes and cars without any issues or complaints. I've used the Turtle Wax ICE a few times and others and for ME the Pledge is just as good. I'm willing to bet most people could not tell the difference between a bike that Pledge was used on and one that had a wax that 20x more expensive...

I wouldn't argue it's the best thing to use once a year, but the difference is it gets applied more often since it is so easy to use. I also like that it's not as abrasive as traditional wax and easier on the clear coat.

For those who are bought into "their" brand of wax, Pledge will never be an acceptable substitute. All I know if there are ton of people who use it with no complaints...other than if you put it on too heavy (which for some reason I've never experienced).

I'm gonna go detail my bike with Pledge...be back in 10 minutes...lol.

Old 03-05-2011 | 02:06 AM
Garcou
Club Member

Use pledge myself, Iam also a fan of plexus

Old 03-05-2011 | 06:18 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member

Been using it for years....Before it became fashionable!!!! LOL..........o~`o...

Quick Reply: Lemon Pledge