Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lemon Pledge

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011 | 08:04 AM
HD_Shock
Cruiser

I like to use a Swiffer duster to dust off the bike. I tried Pledge and while it works great to remove smudges and generally shine up the bike, the film it leaves behind doesn't mix well with the Swiffer - at all. Leaves a smudged mess. So for me, it's Meguiar's Tech Wax and the Swiffer.

Old 03-04-2011 | 10:17 AM
strtarrow
Banned

I have been using it for a while now and have a few friends thank me for suggesting its use. When applied CORRECTLY (obviously the nay sayers are not doing this) it works great at shining and keeping dust off the bike. Glad I read this as I had not thought to use it on my windshield but I will give that a try as well.

Old 03-04-2011 | 10:30 AM
VARDR
Cruiser

Been using it for a couple years now, work great as long as you use it sparingly and with a dry cloth. Shines everything on the bike, but I don't use it on my tires or rims. Had many comments on my bikes look, just didn't have the heart to tell them it was with my wife's pledge....lol
Ride on..

Old 03-04-2011 | 10:49 AM
caberto
Road Master

Another faithful user... used on all my previous bikes and current bike.

Spray on to microcloth and apply to bike. Immediately grab another dry microcloth and buff to a great shine. That's all there is to it, do one area at a time; left tank side, right tank side, left saddlebag, right saddlebag, etc... Makes colors really brighten up and stand out, especially in the sun!

Old 03-04-2011 | 11:07 AM
drbillk
Tourer

Wow... so, there are complaints about too much info in the one post... and that they were instructed on how to build a watch. Yet, you have to quote the whole piece and post it again... over and over and over? LMAO.... ooooooooookay! Doh!

Old 03-04-2011 | 12:21 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior

Awesome on the car glass in the winter also -- Snow/ice/frost doesn't stick.

Otherwise, it's all over the bike ('cept seat, grips & tires, of course).

I'd give an extra dollar if they reintroduced the "original" scent though -- Was surrounded by bees once after a fresh application of lemon...

Old 03-04-2011 | 12:45 PM
JHeiser
Cruiser

Try it you'll like it.

Old 03-04-2011 | 12:57 PM
NewAge
Road Master

Yup, it's all I use. I'm not the bike washin' kinda guy though. After a long ride I spray the bike off get the air compressor out and blow it all away. Spray some pledge on a mf cloth and whipe'er down. 10 minutes at most. I don't know about it leaving streaks - never has for me.

Old 03-04-2011 | 12:59 PM
NewAge
Road Master

Oh, also - I have leather bibs on my fairing and saddle bag lids. It really makes the leather shine. I have used it on the seat but VERY sparingly! Makes all the leather POP!

Old 03-04-2011 | 02:02 PM
hyfly1
Cruiser

Pledge makes an unscented version. I have found it at my local supermarket and also at Walmart. No smell - no bees.

I like to spray it on my windshield and let it soften up the bugs and birdcrap while I go over the rest of the bike. After a couple of minutes, it wipes away the crud with very little elbow grease. A clean microfiber cloth rubs it out to a nice clear finish. It seems to make it easier to clean the windshield the next time, as well. A friend remarked that he notices a halo type effect on the windshield, especially at night. I haven't.

It is not a substitute for a good waxing, but it seems to work pretty well as a between rides detailer, if the bike is just sort of dusty. I mentioned pledge to my body shop guy, and he hadn't heard about it, but another fellow at the shop said he used to work at the Harley dealer, and they used it there on the showroom bikes.

Quick Reply: Lemon Pledge