Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New H-Bars on Road King Question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Motorbones
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New H-Bars on Road King Question...

I would really like to bring the bars on my 2011 FLHR slightly up and back. Obviously this will mean different bars. I spent some time today going through what's available from moto and believe the Chrome High Handlebar (56180-08) will work nicely. They go up by 2", but are 1" narrower. In looking at the "requirements" sheet they show I also need to spend about $290 on brake lines and a clutch wire.
Has anyone out there installed these bars on their Road King and if so did you change the lines. I might be able to see the brakelines (OEM not available so both the upper and lower needs replacing), but the clutch wire has so much play in it I just can't see replacing it. Any input would be helpful. Thanks....

Old 03-03-2011, 02:03 PM
ccw03345
Intermediate

I put Wild Ones 517 on my 09 FLHRC and could not be happier. They bring the bars up and back. Was also able to use existing cables -- no extensions necessary.

Good luck.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:11 PM
caberto
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

You may want to also consider the heritage bars... I had the same problem with the original RK bars. The heritage bars made it much more comfortable for me, and I didn't have to replace any cables, only the bars themselves, plus grips, but that was my choice.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:59 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

You may want to consider Heritage Style bars (not heritage bars, but Heritage STYLE bars). Part number 56902-08. They are higher and closer together. And they don't require any rewiring or re-cabling. Just $80 for the bars and labor to install them.

See attachments (I still can't figure out why I sold that Road King-it's a beauty!!!)

Attached Thumbnails New H-Bars on Road King Question...-sam_0107.jpg   New H-Bars on Road King Question...-sam_0110.jpg  
Old 03-04-2011, 01:51 AM
Motorbones
Road Master

Thanks everyone. I heard of other people being really happy with the Heritage (style) bars. I may take a serious look at that. So One-Up, why did you sell the King for the Glide? When I bought mine I was drawn between getting a King and adding a detachable Tour-Pak of going for the E-Glide. What did it for me was the visability of the King, plus I really like the more traditional look of the King (I like calling it the Road Hog)... I'm glad I stayed with it. Love the Merlot/Black color combo...

Old 03-04-2011, 06:37 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I also went with the Heritage style bars. No cable extensions required and it gave me the pullback / rise I was needing.

Nothing worse than buyers remorse. I did the same thing, traded my beloved RK for a SG ( because it was the forum flavor of the day) and had to live with it for 2 years. Never again, went back to the "King".

Old 03-04-2011, 08:03 AM
luvmussel
Advanced

I too have been looking at the "56180-08 Chrome High Pull Back Handlebars" at about $90 bucks. I would like to internally-wire them. On the HD site they say I need "32310-08 Twist Grip Sensor Kit" at about $90 and a "70198-07 Switch Wire Extension" add another $90 bucks.

There has to be a way around the extra $180 bucks in parts. Do I really need a new grip sensor and wire extension?

Old 03-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with the Heritage style bars and they were the perfect match for me.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Bluegrasser
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've also got Heritage-Style bars on mine. Great pair of bars and only $90 if you install them yourself.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:27 AM
caberto
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by one-up
You may want to consider Heritage Style bars (not heritage bars, but Heritage STYLE bars). Part number 56902-08. They are higher and closer together. And they don't require any rewiring or re-cabling. Just $80 for the bars and labor to install them.

See attachments (I still can't figure out why I sold that Road King-it's a beauty!!!)
Thanks for the correction on-up - yes, it's the heritage style bars.

Installation was easy, just take your time and do it with a buddy. The bars will make a big difference.

Quick Reply: New H-Bars on Road King Question...