Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision yes or no

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 11:18 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
If you're only doing a Stage 1 and "maybe" cams, then a PCV will suffice and be less expensive than both systems. I am in the same boat, and when looking at it realistically this is the logical choice. Especially with all the hands on time and maps that FM has for the PCV.

Just my $0.02
I agree and feel this is the best option for most riders, not taking away from the other tuners. It's just that most won't feel the need to tweak the ECU like some of us pathological piddlers.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:29 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
also, dynojet will be coming out with autotune basic for the pv here in the near future and that too will take care of any basic changes that you make to your bike.
I understand that Auto-Tune Pro will come first, which works with the AT-100's WB O2 sensors, and AT Basic (stock NB sensors) will follow. PV with AT Pro will not be a true auto-tuning combo, as the ECU cannot access the WB sensors directly, and although AT Basic will work in limited closed-loop it won't offer a true, full-ranging auto-tuning capability either.

the only downside that i can see is not being able to flash your bike on the fly. you actually have to stop somewhere for 5 minutes or less..... if you find you need to change maps on the road, flash it at your next gas stop. i don't see that as a major downfall.
The total process is probably more like 30 sec. I agree that this is a downside to PV, but I don't think it will be much of a factor for most of us. I rarely used the map-switch feature since my bike doesn't run that hot, and if I really get into some slow-moving traffic it won't be a big deal to pull over and change tunes in a span of 30 sec. or so.

i think that jamie is gonna give you a map that is 99%. if you want to spend several hundred on a dynotune for that last 1% that you probably won't even notice, thats your choice.
I agree that their maps are very close, and close enough where nobody should be able to feel the difference. When I moved to Auto-Tune with the PCV my trims were no more than 1-2% in the areas where FM tuned, more of course where I changed the AFR values, and that is what I would call dead-on. I would venture to say that if you dyno-tuned the bike, then brought it back for another dyno-tune a week later you'd have at least that much variance between the two.

Last edited by iclick; 03-03-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:15 PM
broziff
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any benifit to adding the EMS before changing the stock mufflers and intake? I plan to do it all but cant do it all at once. Would the EMS cool it down for now until I get the rest? Or should I just wait to do it all at once.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:35 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by boneziff
Any benifit to adding the EMS before changing the stock mufflers and intake? I plan to do it all but cant do it all at once. Would the EMS cool it down for now until I get the rest? Or should I just wait to do it all at once.
You can not use the EMS with the cats in the headers. This comes straight from Rev Perf. I called them two days ago to see of the availbility for 2011 (not avail yet due to them not being able to hack into the 2011 ECM's yet they said they are working on it and hoped to have it within a couple of weeks or months) They point blank told me that the EMS would load up the catalytic convertor in stock head pipes so equiped and that they would definetly not recommend them for stock pipes that were running cats.

You also need 18mm O2 bungs. If you have these and don't have a cat they said it would definetly give some improvement in rideability.

Last edited by mtclassic; 03-03-2011 at 04:37 PM.