Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't Want Fairing: How Can 2 People Listen to XM/Sirius Radio While Riding?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 05:59 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Don't Want Fairing: How Can 2 People Listen to XM/Sirius Radio While Riding?

I have a 2009 RKC. I'd like to have the ability for my passenger and I to listen to satellite radio while riding on the highway.

Not interested in getting a fairing, and don't care about listening to music while putting around town. We would just like to hear some music while on long, boring, highway rides. Both of us wear half helmets only.

What are my options?

Thanks

Old 03-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issues here...

Looked at a few speaker set-ups, but really hate adding anything to my RKC...maybe a dual output earphone adapter...?

Old 03-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Nabubba
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are speakers you can mount on your handle bars and mounts for the sirus receiver also. Just do a search and you will find all kinds. Here is a site I just found looks like it is what you need. http://www.cyclesounds.com/

Old 03-02-2011, 06:05 PM
passae
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drspencer
I have a 2009 RKC. I'd like to have the ability for my passenger and I to listen to satellite radio while riding on the highway.

Not interested in getting a fairing, and don't care about listening to music while putting around town. We would just like to hear some music while on long, boring, highway rides. Both of us wear half helmets only.

What are my options?

Thanks

They sell blue tooth set ups for an Ipod or a sirius Stelleto. SOmething plugs into Ipod...and it transmits to your ear phone. A Sirius Stelleto is a small portable satelite radio that you can hear XM and sirius on. I dont have but google it...

Old 03-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Old Bones
Road Master

Find a cage with loud music and stay beside them untill you get to where you are going.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:09 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Nabubba
There are speakers you can mount on your handle bars and mounts for the sirus receiver also. Just do a search and you will find all kinds. Here is a site I just found looks like it is what you need. http://www.cyclesounds.com/

Not really interested in mounting speakers to my bars. I also question how well my passenger & I would be able to hear two 3" speakers while going down the highway at 75MPH.

Does anyone have any experience with portable satellite radios (do they even make such a device?)?

What about riding 2 up, connected to one IPOD?

Thanks

Old 03-02-2011, 06:11 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by passae
They sell blue tooth set ups for an Ipod or a sirius Stelleto. SOmething plugs into Ipod...and it transmits to your ear phone. A Sirius Stelleto is a small portable satelite radio that you can hear XM and sirius on. I dont have but google it...
I don't think the Sirius Stiletto streams live XM music, it just has the ability to play up to 4 hours of recorded XM music (I could be wrong).

Old 03-02-2011, 06:25 PM
passae
Tourer

Originally Posted by drspencer
I don't think the Sirius Stiletto streams live XM music, it just has the ability to play up to 4 hours of recorded XM music (I could be wrong).
you can listen to live, stored or via wifi.... Sirius Stiletto...

Old 03-02-2011, 06:42 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by passae
you can listen to live, stored or via wifi.... Sirius Stiletto...
Good to know. Someone recommended simply downloading the XM app to an I-Phone/Droid, then splitting two headphone jacks from there. Can anyone comment on this suggestion?

Before I get ahead of myself, I should mention that I've never ridden using any type of headphone device. Can you even hear/enjoy the music, or do you just get distortion coupled with wind noise?

Thanks

Old 03-02-2011, 07:03 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 669 Likes on 533 Posts

u can use a headset with half helments theres even setups to plugg in a portable and have intercomm as well.

Quick Reply: Don't Want Fairing: How Can 2 People Listen to XM/Sirius Radio While Riding?