Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've had enough HD Bullcrap

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011 | 12:03 PM
SC_Compact
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by toastman
you wanted a replaced/repainted fender from harley? HA!

sure the dealer should have admitted fault, but if they did, and remedied the problem as they've been instructed to do, would you be happy?

i still don't think you would.

You need to look at the entire bulletin. It states if the fender is damaged it should be replaced.

http://www.box.net/shared/de8bj3l4dj

I don't blame the dealer they did not engineer the bike although a better different dealer might have fought hardr for me. I blame HD corporate. I am sure that when they tested the new frame this was a problem that did not show up. I understand that stuff happens. But I think once HD realized and acknowledged that there was a problem they should fix it and make the bike right.

One of the things I enjoy about owning a Harley, besides riding it, are the other HD owners and this forum. What I don't understand is why there are a select few who insist that I am being unreasonable to ask the SACRED Motor Company to make right on their screw up.

Old 03-02-2011 | 12:06 PM
kjelders
Tourer

I'm for one demand service for services paid for and most of the time that is paid upfront. I don't give a damn what it is, if you offer a service and then don't provide the service, you will hear from me until you make it right. Just like the CEO of Harley doesn't give a damn about me, I don't give a damn about him either.

Old 03-02-2011 | 12:09 PM
high country harley
Stage I
Default We Checked & Triple Checked And Cannot See Where We Are At Fault?

Originally Posted by aka oregon rick
HIGH COUNTRY HARLEY DAVIDSON FREDRICK, COLORADO

"WORST DEALERSHIP EVER....... Took my bike in for an oil change and requested full synthetic oil, the service counter guy insisted I use HD oil ? this went back and forth until I threatened to take my bike some where else. A few days later went back for starter problems,was very specific as to what I wanted fixed!! I travel around the states for work and had to leave my bike for just over 3 weeks. Got it back with a burnt up back tire and 2000 extra miles. (The back tire had just been replaced prior to the starter issues) It ran like hell going home (just paid over $700 for dyno and computer upgrades) got home to find out a plug wire wasn"t put back on correctly (not sure it was even off ?). Took off to Texas and 30 miles outside Dallas I was left stranded do to "starter problems". When I returned to the dealership it took over a week for someone to get back to me and another two for the owner to respond. I had to call him to be told TOO BAD!... Are you kidding me? The attitude in service is the worst ever seen!! These guys don't care about anyone unless you are in their collective group. Who lets your service guys joy ride your bike? These guys are total losers.....DON'T WAST YOUR TIME OR MONEY! ...................aka RICK FROM OREGON"

AGSC
Dear AKA OREGON RICK:

Thanks for your post and our sincere apologies if you feel we have let you down in any way.

But you are not playing fair. You are simply posting the same incorrect and unfair posting on multiple sites. You probably need to be banned from doing this.

For all reading, here is the original post location.

http://www.*****************/forums/de...ml#post1920998

As you can see from that site and the prior response we had to ktwilly’s issue, we really care about customer satisfaction and our reputation.

However, in your case, I do have to respectfully disagree with the points you are making. We do, by contract with Harley-Davidson, have to keep detailed records on everything, and in particular every service.

Our records show that your bike arrived with 14,394 miles on the odometer and left with 14,402 miles – and we have your signature on the repair order that showed the mileage as well as the condition of your bike (the same checklist that Lefty referred to). That is what we know.

But let me also add:

- Our service guys do not ‘joy ride’ on customers’ bikes – they seriously wouldn’t last the hour

- Bones – as ktwillys confirmed on the other site several times – is a ‘good/great guy’, and Bones has had several discussions with you with no resolution

- According to the repair order you signed, we did not do the ‘Dyno and computer upgrades’ you referred to; apologies if I misunderstood who you were saying did that for you

- As far as we know, it was almost 3 months after you picked up your bike from us when you had the problem in Texas; please feel free to provide other details if we are mistaken

We did not change our focus on customer satisfaction – we care an awful lot. But we also know – and have admitted – that sometimes things go wrong. When they do, we will fix them.

But we honestly, and sincerely, cannot find any fault on our part with respect to the problems you have had. Very sorry you’ve had them however – it doesn’t sound like a lot of fun.

If you have any other information that will help us, please let us know.

Again, sincerely trying to be helpful but we just cannot see where we are at fault.

With Appreciation,

Mark

Old 03-02-2011 | 12:13 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

Giggle. Getting good now.

lp

Old 03-02-2011 | 01:19 PM
marines267
Tourer

Originally Posted by SC_Compact
Last fall I noticed a small dent where the back of the seat attaches to the fender. I brought it back to the stealer to see about getting the fender replaced. Dealer refused to help and HD corporate said that if the damage couldn't be seen with the factory seat on they were not going to replace the fender. I mentioned it was visible with a solo seat on the bike and was told sorry but that is not HD's problem. There is a technical bulletin M1273 out on this. I called corporate twice. The second call was to a supervisor and I was told too bad. I sent aletter the CEO and I received a call stating that my letter was received and they still would not make it right.

As far as I'm concerned this is the last new Harley I bought. I will do my best to get my fluids, filters and parts from other places when possible.

Sorry to rant but I'm a little Pissed off. I spent $20k on a bike and due to poor engineering I have a dented fender that HD will not fix.

i think it is more your dealer than it is harley. i had a 2008 ultra classic and after about a year the seat started to tear i told my dealer and they talked to harley and with in a week i had a new seat. one year later i upgraded to a 2010

Old 03-02-2011 | 01:26 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by toastman
ok now that we've concluded it was not your negligence, but HD design flaw that led to the damage on your bike, we can move forward.

as per your attachment, the dealer action on this problem is to give you, and install, the seat bumper kit.

that "kit" includes 4 1square inch rubber pads with adhesive on one side to keep your seat up off the fender.

you wanted a replaced/repainted fender from harley? HA!

sure the dealer should have admitted fault, but if they did, and remedied the problem as they've been instructed to do, would you be happy?

i still don't think you would.

Might be a different SB? My kit did not consist of 4 rubber bumpers. It consisted of two wedge shaped steel pieces and two cadium plated bolts and washers. This was on a 2010 FLHX. It is suppose to lift the seat slightly and keep it from sliding backwards which is where the dents come into play.

Old 03-02-2011 | 01:34 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by high country harley
Dear AKA OREGON RICK:

Thanks for your post and our sincere apologies if you feel we have let you down in any way.

But you are not playing fair. You are simply posting the same incorrect and unfair posting on multiple sites. You probably need to be banned from doing this.

For all reading, here is the original post location.

http://www.*****************/forums/de...ml#post1920998

As you can see from that site and the prior response we had to ktwilly’s issue, we really care about customer satisfaction and our reputation.

However, in your case, I do have to respectfully disagree with the points you are making. We do, by contract with Harley-Davidson, have to keep detailed records on everything, and in particular every service.

Our records show that your bike arrived with 14,394 miles on the odometer and left with 14,402 miles – and we have your signature on the repair order that showed the mileage as well as the condition of your bike (the same checklist that Lefty referred to). That is what we know.

But let me also add:

- Our service guys do not ‘joy ride’ on customers’ bikes – they seriously wouldn’t last the hour

- Bones – as ktwillys confirmed on the other site several times – is a ‘good/great guy’, and Bones has had several discussions with you with no resolution

- According to the repair order you signed, we did not do the ‘Dyno and computer upgrades’ you referred to; apologies if I misunderstood who you were saying did that for you

- As far as we know, it was almost 3 months after you picked up your bike from us when you had the problem in Texas; please feel free to provide other details if we are mistaken

We did not change our focus on customer satisfaction – we care an awful lot. But we also know – and have admitted – that sometimes things go wrong. When they do, we will fix them.

But we honestly, and sincerely, cannot find any fault on our part with respect to the problems you have had. Very sorry you’ve had them however – it doesn’t sound like a lot of fun.

If you have any other information that will help us, please let us know.

Again, sincerely trying to be helpful but we just cannot see where we are at fault.

With Appreciation,

Mark

These guys look like a dealer concerned about reputation to me?? I wouldn't have been as polite as Mark. I think someone lost credibility when the burned off rear tire and 2000 mile increase in mileage was brought up?

Old 03-02-2011 | 02:00 PM
patsfan
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cromagnon
You may think I'm crazy, but I got 51 thousand miles on my RKC and it's NEVER been serviced by an HD dealership. I love the bike but don't trust anybody. If it ain't broke don't fix it. PM it yourself. Had a tire replaced by an Indie last week. The guy scraped and pinched my rim .. oh well .. can't trust the Indies either. Nobody really gives a **** anymore. Just go to work, get shitty pay and go home.
Not crazy.....SMART and well said. Mine has only seen the dealer once for 1000 mile and never again, had them put on a diamondback clutch cable. Scratched nacelle, clutch cover and trans shroud.
Didnt notice the dent in front of tank until later when I put on chrome lowers. They replaced the scratched parts after 3 attempts to get acceptable chrome pieces. Tech told me alot of the replacement parts are now chromed in Mexico and have lots of flaws.

Anyway, this OP has a right to be upset. He is in the right and should not give up the fight, IMO.

Old 03-03-2011 | 09:35 PM
VTX03R-GoSooners
Advanced

Don't blame u for being PO'd. I try to stay away from the stealers.....they don't care about ur bike as much as YOU do!

Old 03-04-2011 | 03:40 AM
acftgrunt
Cruiser

I'm surprised that High Country Harley hasn't chimed in on the OP's issue. As a dealership they would be a good source of information on a solution to this and how it should be handled.
I figured that " Additional Note: If the seat or rear fender are defective due to this condition, please follow normal warranty processes for the repair or replacement of these parts. Please submit repair on a separate warranty event. " would be self understanding.

Last edited by acftgrunt; 03-04-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Quick Reply: I've had enough HD Bullcrap