Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've had enough HD Bullcrap

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011 | 09:53 AM
alkrisma
Road Captain

Originally Posted by aka oregon rick
HIGH COUNTRY HARLEY DAVIDSON FREDRICK, COLORADO "WORST DEALERSHIP EVER....... had to leave my bike for just over 3 weeks. Got it back with a burnt up back tire and 2000 extra miles.
this was escalated to dealer owner? what was the resolution?
sounds like ferris buellers day off

Old 03-02-2011 | 10:30 AM
knewt5
Road Master

If there is a service bulletin to support your claim take HD to small claims court to get it fixed

Old 03-02-2011 | 10:59 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member

I remember when I took possession of my 2010 StreetGlide. The Dealer rep and I went over the new bike meticulously looking for anything deemed not correct. He absolutely insisted we examine the bike thoroughly. I was just anxious to get going and ride my new bike but no way was he gonna let me leave without signing off on the bike's condition. My GF thought she saw a thin line of poor paint along one of the three rear fender lights. The Dealer rep offered right then and there to have the fender replaced! I told him to ignore it (I couldnt see it!). I have to think that once its out the door its yours as it is. One of the first things I did was replace the crappy stock seat with a C&C saddle. I wasnt happy to see the scuff marks on the tank where the original seat meets the tank with less than 500 miles riding the bike. The scuffs were not visible with the stock seat on but are due to the difference in the C&C seat and how it sits on the bike's frame. Did I take it to the Dealer for a warranty claim? No. Maybe I should have but for crying out loud how in the hell would the MoCo "engineer" a seat that snugs up to the tank by design and expect it to not rub paint?? I put some 3M clear tape under the new C&C seat so it would not continue to rub the paint and also under the seat above the rear fender. Should have done that on day one but didnt think about it, you live, you learn. As far as the OP is concerned if the bike is still under warranty, then the Dealer should atleast install the bumper kit, and according to the SB, the rear fender should also be replaced. If the OP brought this to the Dealer's attention AFTER the warranty expired.......to bad.

Old 03-02-2011 | 11:06 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by aka oregon rick
HIGH COUNTRY HARLEY DAVIDSON FREDRICK, COLORADO
"WORST DEALERSHIP EVER....... I travel around the states for work and had to leave my bike for just over 3 weeks. Got it back with a burnt up back tire and 2000 extra miles. (The back tire had just been replaced prior to the starter issues)
2000 miles? Really?
Don't understand that.......we only went about 30 feet.
By the way, I think we may have left something in your tour-pack that looks like a 1st-place trophy for the High Country burn-out contest. That was a mis-print. It should have read "Hot dog Eating Contest". Could you send it back to us?

Old 03-02-2011 | 11:13 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by hoethree
As far as the OP is concerned if the bike is still under warranty, then the Dealer should atleast install the bumper kit, and according to the SB, the rear fender should also be replaced. If the OP brought this to the Dealer's attention AFTER the warranty expired.......to bad.
Service Bulletins have nothing to do with mfg warranty.

Old 03-02-2011 | 11:22 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SC_Compact
The damage was not caused by where the seat contacts the fender. The damage was caused around the bolt attaches to the rear of the seat to the fender.

Ok one last time.
1. It is the stock two up seat that came with my bike that caused the damage.
2. I have 80,000 miles of seat time on various HD's and I have removed replaced the seat on my bikes many times! I traded my FXDI with 45,000 miles and the fender was not dented like it is on my FLHX.
3. There is a service bulletin for this problem so HD is admitting that there is an issue. Please read it.
4. The solo seat is a mustang and did not damage the fender. The damage is where the back of the seat attaches to the fender. The OEM two up seat caused the damage.

I am not sure if it is my writing skills or peoples reading comprehension skills but why is it so hard to understand that the problem is a result of an HD design flaw. There is a service bulletin on this and the damage was not caused by me. I have enclosed a drawing from the Service Bulletin that shows the type if damage caused by the seat. My fender looks EXACTLY like this.
ok now that we've concluded it was not your negligence, but HD design flaw that led to the damage on your bike, we can move forward.

as per your attachment, the dealer action on this problem is to give you, and install, the seat bumper kit.

that "kit" includes 4 1square inch rubber pads with adhesive on one side to keep your seat up off the fender.

you wanted a replaced/repainted fender from harley? HA!

sure the dealer should have admitted fault, but if they did, and remedied the problem as they've been instructed to do, would you be happy?

i still don't think you would.

Old 03-02-2011 | 11:40 AM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
From: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians

Originally Posted by RHPAW
2000 miles? Really?
Don't understand that.......we only went about 30 feet.
By the way, I think we may have left something in your tour-pack that looks like a 1st-place trophy for the High Country burn-out contest. That was a mis-print. It should have read "Hot dog Eating Contest". Could you send it back to us?

Old 03-02-2011 | 11:53 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
Service Bulletins have nothing to do with mfg warranty.
Unfortunately it's only for bikes under warranty... on the first page of the Bulletin.

lp

Old 03-02-2011 | 11:56 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by toastman
ok now that we've concluded it was not your negligence, but HD design flaw that led to the damage on your bike, we can move forward.

as per your attachment, the dealer action on this problem is to give you, and install, the seat bumper kit.

that "kit" includes 4 1square inch rubber pads with adhesive on one side to keep your seat up off the fender.

you wanted a replaced/repainted fender from harley? HA!

sure the dealer should have admitted fault, but if they did, and remedied the problem as they've been instructed to do, would you be happy?

i still don't think you would.
Page 3 of the document states:

Additional Note: If the seat or rear fender are defective due
to this condition, please follow normal warranty processes for
the repair or replacement of these parts. Please submit repair
on a separate warranty event.

Sounds like the fender should be replaced.

lp

Old 03-02-2011 | 12:01 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member

They should fix according to the SB if you're under waranty. If you're not under waranty you're SOL. You should try a different dealer. You might get lucky. I doubt if you are going to get a fender out of it but you might get lucky.

Quick Reply: I've had enough HD Bullcrap