Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've had enough HD Bullcrap

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011 | 07:49 AM
aka oregon rick
Stage II
Angry Harley dose not care any more!

HIGH COUNTRY HARLEY DAVIDSON FREDRICK, COLORADO

"WORST DEALERSHIP EVER....... Took my bike in for an oil change and requested full synthetic oil, the service counter guy insisted I use HD oil ? this went back and forth until I threatened to take my bike some where else. A few days later went back for starter problems,was very specific as to what I wanted fixed!! I travel around the states for work and had to leave my bike for just over 3 weeks. Got it back with a burnt up back tire and 2000 extra miles. (The back tire had just been replaced prior to the starter issues) It ran like hell going home (just paid over $700 for dyno and computer upgrades) got home to find out a plug wire wasn"t put back on correctly (not sure it was even off ?). Took off to Texas and 30 miles outside Dallas I was left stranded do to "starter problems". When I returned to the dealership it took over a week for someone to get back to me and another two for the owner to respond. I had to call him to be told TOO BAD!... Are you kidding me? The attitude in service is the worst ever seen!! These guys don't care about anyone unless you are in their collective group. Who lets your service guys joy ride your bike? These guys are total losers.....DON'T WAST YOUR TIME OR MONEY! ...................aka RICK FROM OREGON"

AGSC

Old 03-02-2011 | 07:57 AM
hdridernate
Cruiser

There are some Harley dealers that i wont deal w/ plan and simple! I have one over here in the UK that jacks up prices when you ask, just because i'm American. I will drive 45 miles out the way just to go to a Harley dealer i trust and knows my family by our names!

It's the attitude and helpfulness that makes you wanna go back...

Old 03-02-2011 | 08:00 AM
teedubya
Road Master

What does the technical bulletin say? Does it recommend against putting solo seat on the bike? Was the seat that caused the damage a HD seat or aftermarket? Did the seat edge contact the fender when installed? If HD corporate has already stated it won't warrenty the dent then don't expect the dealer to eat the cost of repairs. If they do it for you then others will exoect it as well and now the dealer is out unrecoverable money. It's too bad that you have a dent where the seat edge contacts the fender and I totally feel for you but if it's your negligence then you and you alone are responsible for it.

Old 03-02-2011 | 08:04 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by aka oregon rick
HIGH COUNTRY HARLEY DAVIDSON FREDRICK, COLORADO

"WORST DEALERSHIP EVER....... Took my bike in for an oil change and requested full synthetic oil, the service counter guy insisted I use HD oil ? this went back and forth until I threatened to take my bike some where else. A few days later went back for starter problems,was very specific as to what I wanted fixed!! I travel around the states for work and had to leave my bike for just over 3 weeks. Got it back with a burnt up back tire and 2000 extra miles. (The back tire had just been replaced prior to the starter issues) It ran like hell going home (just paid over $700 for dyno and computer upgrades) got home to find out a plug wire wasn"t put back on correctly (not sure it was even off ?). Took off to Texas and 30 miles outside Dallas I was left stranded do to "starter problems". When I returned to the dealership it took over a week for someone to get back to me and another two for the owner to respond. I had to call him to be told TOO BAD!... Are you kidding me? The attitude in service is the worst ever seen!! These guys don't care about anyone unless you are in their collective group. Who lets your service guys joy ride your bike? These guys are total losers.....DON'T WAST YOUR TIME OR MONEY! ...................aka RICK FROM OREGON"

AGSC

Your bike had TWO THOUSAND more miles on the odometer after leaving it for service at your dealership? Is this documented? Like on the service order that you signed, which should indicate the mileage and the condition of the bike when you left it?
What did the dealer say about it?

Old 03-02-2011 | 08:16 AM
spider14043
Road Captain

This is a comedy thread, right?

Old 03-02-2011 | 08:21 AM
Mr_B
Road Captain

This ordeal is unfortunate. The only way this the fender would have been replaced without question is if you spotted it before you took delivery of the bike. Once its in your posession, and definately after it leaves the property, it's in your hands.

Old 03-02-2011 | 08:26 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

You may think I'm crazy, but I got 51 thousand miles on my RKC and it's NEVER been serviced by an HD dealership. I love the bike but don't trust anybody. If it ain't broke don't fix it. PM it yourself. Had a tire replaced by an Indie last week. The guy scraped and pinched my rim .. oh well .. can't trust the Indies either. Nobody really gives a **** anymore. Just go to work, get shitty pay and go home.

Old 03-02-2011 | 08:30 AM
SC_Compact
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by teedubya
It's too bad that you have a dent where the seat edge contacts the fender and I totally feel for you but if it's your negligence then you and you alone are responsible for it.
The damage was not caused by where the seat contacts the fender. The damage was caused around the bolt attaches to the rear of the seat to the fender.

Ok one last time.
1. It is the stock two up seat that came with my bike that caused the damage.
2. I have 80,000 miles of seat time on various HD's and I have removed replaced the seat on my bikes many times! I traded my FXDI with 45,000 miles and the fender was not dented like it is on my FLHX.
3. There is a service bulletin for this problem so HD is admitting that there is an issue. Please read it.
4. The solo seat is a mustang and did not damage the fender. The damage is where the back of the seat attaches to the fender. The OEM two up seat caused the damage.

I am not sure if it is my writing skills or peoples reading comprehension skills but why is it so hard to understand that the problem is a result of an HD design flaw. There is a service bulletin on this and the damage was not caused by me. I have enclosed a drawing from the Service Bulletin that shows the type if damage caused by the seat. My fender looks EXACTLY like this.

Attached Thumbnails I've had enough HD Bullcrap-hd-seat-damage.jpg  
Old 03-02-2011 | 09:02 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by SC_Compact
The damage was not caused by where the seat contacts the fender. The damage was caused around the bolt attaches to the rear of the seat to the fender.

Ok one last time.
1. It is the stock two up seat that came with my bike that caused the damage.
2. I have 80,000 miles of seat time on various HD's and I have removed replaced the seat on my bikes many times! I traded my FXDI with 45,000 miles and the fender was not dented like it is on my FLHX.
3. There is a service bulletin for this problem so HD is admitting that there is an issue. Please read it.
4. The solo seat is a mustang and did not damage the fender. The damage is where the back of the seat attaches to the fender. The OEM two up seat caused the damage.

I am not sure if it is my writing skills or peoples reading comprehension skills but why is it so hard to understand that the problem is a result of an HD design flaw. There is a service bulletin on this and the damage was not caused by me. I have enclosed a drawing from the Service Bulletin that shows the type if damage caused by the seat. My fender looks EXACTLY like this.
Obviously, some guys have reading comprehension problems. Oh well ......
What was the MoCo's justification for not honoring the terms of their Service Bulletin?

Old 03-02-2011 | 09:03 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by SC_Compact
Last fall I noticed a small dent where the back of the seat attaches to the fender. I brought it back to the stealer to see about getting the fender replaced. Dealer refused to help and HD corporate said that if the damage couldn't be seen with the factory seat on they were not going to replace the fender. I mentioned it was visible with a solo seat on the bike and was told sorry but that is not HD's problem. There is a technical bulletin M1273 out on this. I called corporate twice. The second call was to a supervisor and I was told too bad. I sent aletter the CEO and I received a call stating that my letter was received and they still would not make it right.

As far as I'm concerned this is the last new Harley I bought. I will do my best to get my fluids, filters and parts from other places when possible.

Sorry to rant but I'm a little Pissed off. I spent $20k on a bike and due to poor engineering I have a dented fender that HD will not fix.

Go to another dealer. Like anything, there are good and bad ones. When I saw that SB last summer, I went and asked my delaer about getting the kit installed. The dealer said that Harley won't make the upgrade unlesss there is visible sign of damage. I didn't have any damage yet but wanted to prevent the damage in the first place. The dealers Service Manager smiled and said, that is a bad dent you have there, and gave me the upgrade kit. It is simply two wedge shaped steel blocks and two bolts. If you were to buy the kit it is 5.00. I'd buy it and move on.

Quick Reply: I've had enough HD Bullcrap