Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've had enough HD Bullcrap

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011 | 06:11 PM
KingCripps
Tourer

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Could you REALLY ride anything else?

I didn't think so. LOL

Just mod it till it's broke. My motto anyways. lol
Hey, that's almost the same motto that I have "Just mod it till I'm broke"

Old 03-01-2011 | 06:20 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2black1s
Personally, I think if you buy a bike that comes standard with a two-up seat on it and you want to change to a solo, it is your responsibilty to make sure you take whatever precautions are necessary to prevent the two-up seat from inflicting any damage that may be visible when the solo seat is installed.

Now if the dent/scratch/whatever was there when it was new, then that's a different story.

Way too many people blaming HD for their own personal negligence in my opinion.

With all the complaints you read about Harley on this forum, why do any of you even buy them?

I love both of mine. And if they have some little glitch I'll simply fix it myself rather than bad mouth the company of the motorcycles I love.

+ 1 plus as many zeroes as you need to know it's a WHOLE bunch.

No company in the world is strong enough to stand up to the demands of sme of the members of this forum. And don't bring up "personal responsiblity". That is a thing of the past for over half of U.S. citizens. There is always someone who has more money than me that is "responsible" to pay for what I think is right.

At the same time, I do agree the dealer could've done something. Didn't even need to cover it all, but at least offer to split it with you.

Dennis

Old 03-01-2011 | 06:20 PM
SC_Compact
|
Road Warrior

Personally, I think if you buy a bike that comes standard with a two-up seat on it and you want to change to a solo, it is your responsibilty to make sure you take whatever precautions are necessary to prevent the two-up seat from inflicting any damage that may be visible when the solo seat is installed.

Now if the dent/scratch/whatever was there when it was new, then that's a different story.

With all the complaints you read about Harley on this forum, why do any of you even buy them?

I love both of mine. And if they have some little glitch I'll simply fix it myself rather than bad mouth the company of the motorcycles I love.
There was zero negligence on my part. That is why there is a sevice bulletin for this.

http://www.box.net/shared/de8bj3l4dj

Is it a huge deal? No. I bought the bike to ride and not enter in a bike show. However there was/is an engineering defect and to me it is HD's responsibility to make it right.

Now I am not saying I am going to run out and buy a Victory or a Honda but when the time comes for a new bike it will be a used HD. When I need parts I will look to the aftermarket suppliers when possible.

I bought my first HD in 2004 and have been very happy with them. I had A 2004 Sportster 1200, a 2005 FXDI and now a 2009 FLHX. I only had one minor problem with my Dyna in 45,000 miles that was fixed under warranty. I am very happy with my Street Glide. All I am saying is Harley is not treating their loyal customers the way we should be treated.

How about the front tire fiasco on the 2009 touring bikes. Harley took their sweet a$$ time admitting there was a problem and still has not notified customers.

Old 03-01-2011 | 06:21 PM
evofloyd
Cruiser

I think Harley corporate do'nt know have the s#it dearlers are doing. Once had my bike at a shop that did'nt know what they were doing, I called corporate and they said get your bike back before you do anything. What the F##k. I think all of them should be fired, and put Harley Riders that been riding Harleys for 20 years in to run the show

Old 03-01-2011 | 06:29 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm with you on this one. You may also notice that he lists his bike as being a 2009. Give me a break! A small dent on a 2 year old fender and he wants the MOCO to replace it?

Old 03-01-2011 | 06:33 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SC_Compact
There was zero negligence on my part. That is why there is a sevice bulletin for this.

Is it a huge deal? No. I bought the bike to ride and not enter in a bike show. However there was/is an engineering defect and to me it is HD's responsibility to make it right.

Now I am not saying I am going to run out and buy a Victory or a Honda but when the time comes for a new bike it will be a used HD. When I need parts I will look to the aftermarket suppliers when possible.

I bought my first HD in 2004 and have been very happy with them. I had A 2004 Sportster 1200, a 2005 FXDI and now a 2009 FLHX. I only had one minor problem with my Dyna in 45,000 miles that was fixed under warranty. I am very happy with my Street Glide. All I am saying is Harley is not treating their loyal customers the way we should be treated.

How about the front tire fiasco on the 2009 touring bikes. Harley took their sweet a$$ time admitting there was a problem and still has not notified customers.
Did you bother to see what the remedy is? It isn't replacing the fender.

Old 03-01-2011 | 06:33 PM
SC_Compact
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Could you REALLY ride anything else?
Probably not .

However I don't have to buy a new HD. I don't have to buy my filters and parts from HD.

Why is HD one of the only companies, of its size, that doesn't have a way to contact customer service or corporate by email? Why doesn't HD offer an 800 number for customer service? I had to print and mail my letter to HD's CEO.

I have recommended Harley's to many of my coworkers and sung the praises of their bikes for the past 7 years. All I expect in return is for them to man up and fix a problem that they created.

Old 03-01-2011 | 06:47 PM
jasnusc
Road Master

Wow....

Could not disagree more.

That would be making the assumption that the average consumer even knows a solo seat is available and that they should assume that stock parts could be causing hidden damage to their bike so they need to protect it?

A few months after owning the bike someone might see a solo seat on another guys bike and realize for the first time that is an option for his bike. He would then remove his stock seat to find out its been causing damage the whole time?

The stock bolt under my seat dug into the paint on my rear fender. I changed it to a button head to prevent it from getting worse and never followed through claiming it with Harley. I always assumed Harley would take care of it if I wanted them to but after reading the above Im learning they might not have?

Old 03-01-2011 | 06:48 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by SC_Compact

Okay. After reading the service bulletin I owe you an apology... Sorry.

The last page clearly states that if there is seat or fender damage due to the conditions described in the bulletin, then they should be repaired/replaced under the normal warranty process.

Assuming your damage is a result of the conditions described, your fender should be replaced.

On-the-other-hand, I still stand behind the general feeling I have that way too many people complain about way too much in regards to HD. When I originally read your post, it was like the final straw - I've read enough of these complaint threads and I had to say something.

In review, I should have chose another time/thread for my rant.

Old 03-01-2011 | 07:01 PM
SC_Compact
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by roadking2000
I'm with you on this one. You may also notice that he lists his bike as being a 2009. Give me a break! A small dent on a 2 year old fender and he wants the MOCO to replace it?
Let me start of by stating that you can kiss my happy white a$$,

Yes the bike is two years old and has close to 25,000 miles on it. I am not crying over the stone chips I receievd from riding or the tires I have had to replace. I can add a piece from Mustang that would cover the dent. The point is that HD screwed up and needs to make it right. Period!!!!!

I will not respond to any more of your comments because I do not want to make this a pissing match but I will leave you with one last thought.

You can KISS MY HAPPY WHITE A$$!!!!!.

Quick Reply: I've had enough HD Bullcrap