Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've had enough HD Bullcrap

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011 | 05:51 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior

Bibleman
Prospect
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Evo96
My brand new 09 UC had paint bubbles on the lower fairing in a spot that was visible, but not noticeable. I found this on my "pre-rideaway inspection" before leaving the dealer.

The response was a printout of the FoMoCo policy regarding to size and visibility of paint defects. According to the policy my paint bubbles were within the defect limits so was told no go on replacement or repair.

With all due respect, why did you not ask to void the paperwork and either leave or start over with another bike?

"...my paint bubbles were within the defect limits ..."
Who knew bubbles had limits?

V2 INSERT-- Bibleman, The point could only be argued down here with no win for me. The MoCo policy is in black and white regarding paint defects-- size and location determines do nothing, repair, or replace.
My bubbles were located and sized in such a position that the problem fell into the "do nothing" category according to the MoCo.

Further the bike was an 09 model year runout. There were 2 off 09's remaining in the whole of Australia when I got mine.
Riders downunder do not have the power that riders in the US market have available as we are a country of 23 million. The general position by the MoCo here (as interpreted by me) is "bad luck mate".
Respectfully, you'd have to live here to understand it....

Old 03-06-2011 | 06:00 PM
t059736
Road Captain

Just my opinion on this issue:
1) People who defend Harley's response on this kind of issue either work for or have their paycheck attached to Harley Davidison
2) It is every Harley owner's responsibilty to let all of us know about good and bad service treatment. Only WE can change the way HD treats the owners of their product.....

Ride In Peace

Old 03-10-2011 | 05:07 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by t059736
Just my opinion on this issue:
1) People who defend Harley's response on this kind of issue either work for or have their paycheck attached to Harley Davidison
2) It is every Harley owner's responsibilty to let all of us know about good and bad service treatment. Only WE can change the way HD treats the owners of their product.....

Ride In Peace

Well I can tell ya that I don't work for Harley nor is my paycheck attached to Harley in any way. I can also tell you that what I'm defending is my own and some others intelligence. Let me ask you a question: how long would it take you to put 2000 miles on your bike? Have you ever run into a dealer that has burned off a brand new tire just installed, and was able to put 2000 miles on a bike during a service call? I don't doubt the dude may have had some fender trouble, but.....I prefer to listen to the straight scoop before I'll condemn a business on a public forum. Bullsh-it can be pretty damaging and unfair. If I'm unhappy with a dealer response, and I feel I have a legitment claim, I'll go to another dealer. I had the potential for this same problem. One dealer did nothing, so I went to another, chatted it up with the man, and had it taken care of.

Last edited by Rickr01; 03-10-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-10-2011 | 09:52 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

59731-09DH would cost the dealer $261.69 their cost. The dealer could fix it under the "goodwill" concept using their "goodwill" allowance money they are allotted through the Global Warranty. There is also what is called "customer care program" to handle such issues if the dealer participates in the program. There are ways the dealer can handle it to keep a good customer. Now, on the other hand, if a customer is a constant complaining jackass then they won't go above and beyond.

Old 03-12-2011 | 03:05 PM
Metal_Head75
Cruiser

HD has lost their way...definitely not the same company philosophy as it was when it was for motorcyclists by motorcyclists... Their current strategy is fronted by bean-counting accountants and an allegiance to shareholders, rather than long-time loyal customers. ..just look at how the bike shops/dealerships have changed into "department stores".

HD was giving me a lil **** when my then 5 month old FXD was experiencing some oil seepage.. It was initially a half-*** attempt to fix it, and they did as little as possible to truly resolve it with tearing apart the cases to seal it with new gaskets.. It got resolved, but it was an act of Congress to do so..

I remember at a parts counter at a stealership not too long ago, about a grey beard asking about an oem part for his 85 FXR.. The snot behind the counter told him that it wasnt available from HD anymore, and the kicker was that the punk told the guy that he "needed a new bike".. That grey beard got pissed and rightfully so, its those guys that were loyal to HD and still supported the company when they were overproducing **** motorcycles duing the AMF era.

Shame on HD, they may not be so confident that their motorcycles will be sooo desirable for long, when Victory is seemingly making higher quality, better performing bikes right out of the box with no modifications to be done after the fact. ..that Cross Country looks pretty fu**in cool

Old 03-12-2011 | 04:12 PM
TickTock
Club Member

Originally Posted by Metal_Head75
HD has lost their way...definitely not the same company philosophy as it was when it was for motorcyclists by motorcyclists... Their current strategy is fronted by bean-counting accountants and an allegiance to shareholders, rather than long-time loyal customers. ..just look at how the bike shops/dealerships have changed into "department stores".

HD was giving me a lil **** when my then 5 month old FXD was experiencing some oil seepage.. It was initially a half-*** attempt to fix it, and they did as little as possible to truly resolve it with tearing apart the cases to seal it with new gaskets.. It got resolved, but it was an act of Congress to do so..

I remember at a parts counter at a stealership not too long ago, about a grey beard asking about an oem part for his 85 FXR.. The snot behind the counter told him that it wasnt available from HD anymore, and the kicker was that the punk told the guy that he "needed a new bike".. That grey beard got pissed and rightfully so, its those guys that were loyal to HD and still supported the company when they were overproducing **** motorcycles duing the AMF era.

Shame on HD, they may not be so confident that their motorcycles will be sooo desirable for long, when Victory is seemingly making higher quality, better performing bikes right out of the box with no modifications to be done after the fact. ..that Cross Country looks pretty fu**in cool
I was with you until the last line. That is one of the ugliest touring bikes I have ever seen. It looks like somebody poured plastic into a mold and out came a bike.