Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW J&M 7.25" ROKKER Speaker kit 170w

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 06:57 AM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running the hogtunes amp that came with the hogtunes speakers I had in before I installed the J&M's. Stock HK radio. Playing mp3 player plugged in, mp3 cds, and regular radio. Not complaining about the sound. Only that there was no news about a bigger better set of 7.25's coming out. I would have waited and bought the 170watt instead of getting the 140watt. But I also undestand tat you probably had a good stock of the 140 watt speakers and new that when you worded out about the new 170 watt rokkers coming out the sales would probably halt and you'd be stuck with a large stock of 140 watt speakers. That's not a fact, that's my opinion. I think after this sticky goes around future buyers may be looking at other options anyway. Seems to be some unpleasant reviews on the 7.25 140 watt version. Which may be the reasoning for the 170 watt version also.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:28 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

screaminEagle ,,,,

If you would like me to help you fine-tune the gain controls on your J&M amplifier, send an e-mail to me at john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,

Davewear ,,,,,

that is exactly what the J&M amp and speakers will give you ,,,, a plug-n-play system to add to your stock Harley HK radio, to give you significantly more volume, clarity and overall fidelity on the highway ,,,,,

Just let us know how we can help ,,,,

05train ,,,,,

don't feel cheated, the speakers and amp that you have purchased will provide you will some of the best sound available for your Harley ,,,,,,

papinfun ,,,,,

I am sure that Dr V-twin would be very helpful in that area ,,,, if your speakers and amp have not been opened/used or installed, I see no reason why he would not take them back and sell you a J&M 500w 4-ch amp and new J&M ROKKER speakers ,,,,,

relytime ,,,,,,

when you look at what you get from J&M as a complete plug-n-play kit ,,,, whether it is our speakers kits or amplifier kits, I think we offer very fair pricing and value ,,,,

you can purchase this stuff from other companies that give you repackaged product from the automotive side of the industry, ((like all of the 6.5" speakers out there etc)) ,,, or you can purchase products designed specifically for the Harley Bagger applications from J&M Corporation ,,,,,

Veteran75 ,,,,,,

over the next 24 months, we will sell far more of our standard 7.25" speaker kits than we will the ROKKER series ,,,, as our standard 7.25’s perform extremely well and are at a better price point than the ROKKER series 7.25's ,,,,,,

put the J&M 7.25" speakers side by side, under identical conditions, with any other fairing speaker for the Harley application, and the J&M's will come out on top, we make sure of that ,,,,

at the risk of repeating myself, the new J&M ROKKER series speakers are for those who want even more, in terms of midrange-high-end frequency response, and durability ,,, and are not afraid to pay for it ,,,,,,,

Old 03-07-2011, 02:27 PM
06BLKPRL
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dangit John, can I trade in my old 7.25 set for the new model set? I'm just sayin, I need a trade in credit or something!! LOL!!!

Old 03-07-2011, 03:00 PM
midwestboat
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased the old 7.25's and the amp last year and have nothing but good to say about them, no problems, no head aches. Excellent improvment over stock. If anyone would like to listen to them send me a pm. I can't see how anyone can complain about the sound over stock. I bought them from Dr Vtwin and everything went as promised.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:59 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

06blkprl ,,,,

when I get back from Daytona Beach next week ,,,,, I am going to put together a ROKKER 7.25" upgrade kit ,,,,, for those customers who already HAVE our standard 7.25" speakers installed in their bike ,,,,,,

ONLY the two 7.25" speakers themselves and the special ROKKER grills, with high-output tweeter and midrange will be included in this kit ,,,,, as the adapter rings, hardware and die-cut acoustic foam pads are the same between the two types of speaker kits ,,,,,

price will be in the neighborhood of MSRP $279 ,,,,,,,,,

ANOTHER option is for you to purchase the ROKKER series 7.25" speaker kit complete ,,,, switch the speakers and grills out of your bike, put the standards back in the box and sell them as a complete kit, used, on e-bay or other auction site ,,,,,

they should at least bring half of their value when new ? ,,,,,

Midwestboat ,,,,,

thank you very much for the good words ,,, and please let us know anytime that we can be of assistance ,,,,

Old 03-07-2011, 04:53 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I finally have the speaker pricing for the Rokker speakers. John, PM my price on the amp so I can figure this out please! And soak up the sun for us out there.

Drew

Old 03-07-2011, 07:14 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain

I'm running the original 7.25" J&M Speakers and J&M 250W amp. Apples to Oranges over the stock set-up. Sounds so much better! Completely satisfied and not feeling cheated here... thanks for the great gear John

Old 03-07-2011, 08:53 PM
dunnboyfl
Novice
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the 7.25s on my RG. I'm coming to Daytona on Wed for the 250w amp. Can't wait!!!

Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
screaminEagle ,,,,

If you would like me to help you fine-tune the gain controls on your J&M amplifier, send an e-mail to me at john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,

Davewear ,,,,,

that is exactly what the J&M amp and speakers will give you ,,,, a plug-n-play system to add to your stock Harley HK radio, to give you significantly more volume, clarity and overall fidelity on the highway ,,,,,

Just let us know how we can help ,,,,

05train ,,,,,

don't feel cheated, the speakers and amp that you have purchased will provide you will some of the best sound available for your Harley ,,,,,,

papinfun ,,,,,

I am sure that Dr V-twin would be very helpful in that area ,,,, if your speakers and amp have not been opened/used or installed, I see no reason why he would not take them back and sell you a J&M 500w 4-ch amp and new J&M ROKKER speakers ,,,,,

relytime ,,,,,,

when you look at what you get from J&M as a complete plug-n-play kit ,,,, whether it is our speakers kits or amplifier kits, I think we offer very fair pricing and value ,,,,

you can purchase this stuff from other companies that give you repackaged product from the automotive side of the industry, ((like all of the 6.5" speakers out there etc)) ,,, or you can purchase products designed specifically for the Harley Bagger applications from J&M Corporation ,,,,,

Veteran75 ,,,,,,

over the next 24 months, we will sell far more of our standard 7.25" speaker kits than we will the ROKKER series ,,,, as our standard 7.25’s perform extremely well and are at a better price point than the ROKKER series 7.25's ,,,,,,

put the J&M 7.25" speakers side by side, under identical conditions, with any other fairing speaker for the Harley application, and the J&M's will come out on top, we make sure of that ,,,,

at the risk of repeating myself, the new J&M ROKKER series speakers are for those who want even more, in terms of midrange-high-end frequency response, and durability ,,, and are not afraid to pay for it ,,,,,,,
i got the 250W amp and speakers.. still in box... which would give more bass.. Rokkers or standard 7.25" or will Bass be the same for both ?
i will be at Americade in june.. would be great if i do exchange there since im in canada

Old 03-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Crusty_SERG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by VETERAN75
But I also undestand tat you probably had a good stock of the 140 watt speakers and new that when you worded out about the new 170 watt rokkers coming out the sales would probably halt and you'd be stuck with a large stock of 140 watt speakers. That's not a fact, that's my opinion. I think after this sticky goes around future buyers may be looking at other options anyway. Seems to be some unpleasant reviews on the 7.25 140 watt version. Which may be the reasoning for the 170 watt version also.
I don't know John and don't have J&M on my bike, so I have no personal interest in this...

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
The new ROKKERS are NOT replacing the current J&M 7.25" speakers, just offering another option ,,,,, right now here in Daytona Beach, we have sold and installed around 47 sets of fairing speakers since last Friday here at the J&M trailer, & 4 out of those 47 customers have chosen the new 7.25" ROKKER series ,,,,

Seems to me when presented with the choice between the 2 speakers (I assume he has both up & running to demo them to customers), only 10% of people are choosing to spend the extra $ for the Rokker speakers.

This thread made me laugh, thinking back to Ozzy's Best Buy Superbowl commercial... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pxChVDym4o

Quick Reply: NEW J&M 7.25" ROKKER Speaker kit 170w