Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW J&M 7.25" ROKKER Speaker kit 170w

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 07:53 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreamingEag1e
From the Sony Specs for your head unit...
Output Power : 52W x4 Watts Max Power - CEA2006 Standard Power Output: 17 Watts RMS per channel into 4 Ohms, 4 channels driven from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with less than 1% THD+N.

Your matching 2 Ohm speakers with a 4 Ohm head unit. That's why it sounds like crap.
Are you trying to say that the amp is not compatible with a 4ohm radio ??? I think you're gonna lose this argument.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:56 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ScreamingEag1e
. I think the HK is basically as good as most head units, ......................
WOW,..........just wow...................

Old 03-06-2011, 08:11 PM
ScreamingEag1e
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
Are you trying to say that the amp is not compatible with a 4ohm radio ??? I think you're gonna lose this argument.
I might, and there may be a setting that can fix this. I think I mentioned that in a subsequent post. I don't know.

WOW,..........just wow...................
You are allowed. We all know what you have done, and it's spectacular, but he did say that "all he wants to do is hear the music as he goes down the road", and "Im not expecting concert hall performance or $5000 audio investment results". The HK unit is fully capable of giving him that is it not?

Old 03-06-2011, 08:30 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member

SE,

If he just wants to hear the music going down the road,......he already went overboard by adding the amp.

The HK head unit is very able to afford him that. I just don't agree that the HK is even in the same ballpark as some after market head units.

If he has an aftermarket head unit, an amp, & upgraded speakers,................I'm guessing that something isn't hooked up , wired up, or adjusted quite correctly.

His set-up should be WAY more than sufficient to "hear the music as he goes down the road".

No harm, .......no foul !!

It's all good !!!

Old 03-06-2011, 08:40 PM
ScreamingEag1e
Cruiser

SE,

If he just wants to hear the music going down the road,......he already went overboard by adding the amp.

The HK head unit is very able to afford him that. I just don't agree that the HK is even in the same ballpark as some after market head units.

If he has an aftermarket head unit, an amp, & upgraded speakers,................I'm guessing that something isn't hooked up , wired up, or adjusted quite correctly.

His set-up should be WAY more than sufficient to "hear the music as he goes down the road".

No harm, .......no foul !!

It's all good !!!
Well hopefully John will help him trouble shoot it, and he doesn't have to sink a crap-ton of coin into solving his problem (like some others have I think). I'm just trying to give the guy some ideas.

We are good!

Old 03-06-2011, 08:44 PM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts

I've got an 09 RG. About to pull the plug on the J&M rokker 7.25's and amp. I'm not going to change the deck. Anyone got a better plan with specifics as to why? Not looking for the cheapest, just want more volume, clarity and plug and play.....

Old 03-06-2011, 10:11 PM
685power
Intermediate

Thanks guys,we'll see what John comes up with.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:20 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Well this just sucks.

I got the old school 7.25 speakers in front, the 5.25 rears, and the 250 watt amp that I installed a few months ago, now I find out that there's an all new "improved" system. Everyone said that this was the best setup ever, now there's something new.

John, no offense, but I gotta tell you I feel a little cheated.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:26 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun

Ya me too ! - im peed'd off ... wont install mine for another month.. bought in Feb 2011... can i trade in my new 7.25;'s for the new rockers ?
Bought mine from Dr. V-Twin... Damm !!!...
ya i feel cheated too... mine are still new in the box... Dr V..can they be exchanged ? I just bought in Feb the 250w Amp amp and speakers package...

Last edited by papifun; 03-07-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:15 PM
reyltime
4th Gear

Are they really worth that much or the price jacked up because they go on Harley? These vendors are getting out of control.

Quick Reply: NEW J&M 7.25" ROKKER Speaker kit 170w