Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW J&M 7.25" ROKKER Speaker kit 170w

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 08:20 PM
asnowmobiler
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry : I didn't see anything that said it is a "dual saddlebag mounted subwoofer kit"
What about the compatibility with my current setup?

Old 07-11-2012, 08:54 PM
BNFBridge
Novice

I recently purchased a pair of J&M Rocker speakers for my 09 E-Glide after a few rides my right speaker went out I sent it back to J&M paid for next day return shipping they sent me a refurbish one back I am not happy with the performance at all they are very distorted at half volume I've tried adjusting the bass , treble and no better !! I'm now out over $300 bucks and no bueno !! I don't have an amp hooked up cause I just don't think the performance is good I've taken my fairing apart and checked the connections several times and no problem there ! Any thoughts I'm going to sturgis and was planing on stoping by the JM booth to see what they thought !! And suggestions ?

Old 07-12-2012, 05:29 PM
molinoman
Intermediate

Hear me carefully...and this has been documented over and over...if you have the Rokker series speakers you need either the 250 Watt amp or the 500 Watt amp...period. Now the fact that you got a refurbished speaker I can't help you with that...if that speaker is no good, again, John is pretty easy to get ahold of, talk or e-mail him and let him know that you don't think the replacement was up to par and see how he handles it.
Good luck,

Dennis

Old 07-12-2012, 08:17 PM
BNFBridge
Novice

Thanks Molinoman
I plan on taking my scooter to them at Sturgis so they can hear it themselves I planned on buying the amp there anyway I have a buddy that just has the Paul Yaffy set up with just the bagger lid speakers and the pbr300 amp and uses a iPod and his sounds really good I understand it has a lot to do with the amp but hopefully I will blow his away after I get the amp !! I plan on adding the speaker lids so I plan on going with the 500 wat amp

Old 07-16-2012, 07:37 PM
asnowmobiler
Advanced

Originally Posted by asnowmobiler
Sorry : I didn't see anything that said it is a "dual saddlebag mounted subwoofer kit"
What about the compatibility with my current setup?
Hello

Old 07-20-2012, 10:35 AM
sdoomaha
Cruiser
Default Sell Your Rokkers??

Any of you unhappy with your 7.25 Rokkers...reach out to me. I'm looking to buy.

Thanks,

Steve O!

Old 07-20-2012, 11:37 AM
tmsimmon
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had several baggers and one of the 1st thing I always did was get some J&M Speakers! On my 09 I did not do much and with the monster ovals, the stock speakers were fine... till last month when the local shop dumped my bike while I was getting new tires. I got on line and purchased the painted inner fairing and went with the Boom Audio front and rear set for 119.00 each. I am hard of hearing and at 80 MPH these are at half volume and sound awesome. So now it's time for the 48H cams and Power duals and see if I can still hear my music!

cheers!

Old 07-21-2012, 12:01 AM
BNFBridge
Novice

Molinoman
Thanks for the info emailed John and he hooked me up !! Great customer service and my wife surprised me and bought me the 500 watt amp I received it today along with new speakers from J &M installing in the morning !!

Old 09-20-2012, 07:51 PM
scuba335
3rd Gear

looking for advice...have the new rokkers and a new painted inner fairing. matte black against vivid black doesnt seem too appealing. im afraid if i paint the grilles i will damage the speakers because the speakers cannot be detatched. midranges and tweeters are glued quite well on the the grilles. thoughts?

Old 09-20-2012, 11:03 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Scuba ,,,,,,

the new ROKKER XT kits come with BOTH grills you can paint WITHOUT the mid & tweet AND a second set of grills with the mid/tweet as part of the design ,,,, see http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=45 ,,,,

Quick Reply: NEW J&M 7.25" ROKKER Speaker kit 170w